The creation of playlists on Apple Music is a fun way for some users to interact socially with their friends while using the service.
Another group of people simply use it as a convenient way to create their own personal mixes for their own enjoyment.
Nevertheless, does Apple Music automatically make your playlists available to the public, or must you take additional steps in order to do so?
Are Apple Music playlists available to the public?
Apple Music’s playlists are made available to the public by default. This is so that you can distribute them to your network of contacts. When creating playlists, you have the option of making them private if you don’t want other people to be able to see them.
Did you know that by default, Apple Music playlists are made available to the public?
When I started thinking about sharing my music with family and friends, I had no idea that this was the case, so I was surprised.
Apple makes playlists available to the public so that you can share your favourite songs with the people you care about the most.
However, it is possible that you do not always want your favourite people to know what you are listening to.
We all have our guilty listening pleasures, let’s face it.
In the event that you do not want your friends to know about your 90s boyband playlist, you can set it to be “private.”
But, exactly, how do you go about doing that?
As it turns out, you can create and manage your Apple Music playlists from either your mobile device or your computer, depending on your preferences.
Creating your own is simple; alternatively, you can commission Apple Music’s professionals to create a custom-designed playlist for you based on your known musical preferences.
That’s pretty cool, isn’t it?
When creating an Apple Music playlist, you may want to keep it as private as possible rather than making it public. You’ve come to the right place for assistance.
How to make your Apple Music playlist private, as well as how to share and delete your Apple Music playlists, are all topics I’ll cover in this article.
After all, Apple Music is about making the most of your music-listening experience – it is about how you want to listen as much as it is about what you want to listen to – and it is about making the most of your music-listening experience.
So, how do you go about making your playlists private instead of public? How can you access a public playlist created by someone else on Apple Music? And how do you go about sharing and deleting your play lists? Continue reading to find out the answers to these vital questions.
Apple Music playlists are either private or public by default, according to the company.
When you create a playlist on Apple Music, it will be set to be accessible to the public by default.
Unless you choose to make it private, it will remain public until you do so.
You can do this from any device that you are listening in on, including your iPad, Android phone, Mac, or PC. You can also do this from your computer. Furthermore, you can make your entire Apple Music account confidential.
If you want to keep your entire account private, you must do the following:
- Launch Apple Music on your computer.
- Select ‘For You’ from the drop-down menu.
- To access your avatar, locate it in the upper-right corner of the screen and click on it.
- Select ‘Edit’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘People You Approve’ from the drop-down menu that appears under ‘Who Can Follow Your Activity.’
- To finish, press the ‘Done’ button.
You can also choose to keep your listening history private by doing the following:
- Apple Music is being launched.
- ‘For You’ is selected by tapping the screen.
- You can interact with your avatar by tapping on it.
- Selecting ‘Edit’ from the drop-down menu.
- The ‘Listening To’ switch is turned off by sliding it to the ‘off’ position.
- By pressing the ‘Done’ button.
Is it possible for your friends to see your Apple Music playlists?
According to Apple, as part of your Apple Music subscription, you will be able to see what your friends are listening to on the service.
You must follow them on Apple Music in order for them to be able to see what you’re listening to. If they follow you, they can see what you’re listening to as well.
You can also choose to share music with your followers, and those who follow you can reciprocate by sharing their own music with you.
How do I make a playlist on Apple Music exclusive to me?
Keeping your Apple Music playlist private will prevent your followers from seeing what you’re listening to while jamming out on the app.
You can make your playlist private in the following ways:
- Launch the Apple Music application.
- Select the ‘Library’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Playlists’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the specific playlist that you want to make private by tapping on it.
- Select ‘Edit’ from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Locate the option that says “Show on My Profile and in Search” and uncheck it.
What is the best way to view public playlists on Apple Music?
If you want to be able to see other people’s public playlists in the Apple Music app, you must first follow those people.
You can follow someone on Apple Music using a variety of methods, some of which are listed below:
- When you create your Apple Music profile, be sure to include the names of your friends.
- Swipe down to the bottom of the profile screen once you’ve completed the configuration of your profile. Once there, select ‘Follow More Friends’ from the drop-down menu. Then you’ll need to tap on the ‘Follow’ button, which will be located right next to the profiles you want to follow on Instagram.
- You look for friends who are already in your contacts list and who are also Apple Music subscribers to see if they can help you.
- Navigate to their profile screen and press and hold down on one of their profile pictures. After you’ve done that, click on the ‘Follow’ button.
- You can look for people you know by tapping Search and entering the name of a friend in the search field. When you locate it in the results list, click on the ‘Follow’ button. (Please keep in mind that your friends must have a profile set up in order for you to be able to find them using the Search function.)
Additionally, if you want to see the profiles that you are following as well as the profiles that are following you, you can open up the profile screen and swipe up.
Is there a lock icon next to the person’s profile picture on Facebook? If this is the case, you will need to ask for permission to follow them, and they will have the option to accept or reject your request at their discretion.
After they click ‘Accept,’ you will be able to see their shared playlists as well as any music they are currently listening to on their device.
What is the best way to share a playlist with my contacts?
You have the option of sharing a playlist with your followers. All you have to do is complete the following steps:
- Select ‘Listen Now’ from the drop-down menu. Afterwards, click on either the ‘My Account’ button or your profile picture to proceed.
- Select ‘View Profile’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Edit,’ and you’ll be able to toggle between your playlists.
- Rearrange them by dragging the reorder button on the toolbar.
Is it possible to delete a public playlist?
When it comes to your playlists, you have the option to simply delete any that you are no longer interested in maintaining.
You can delete your playlist by following these steps:
- Using the Music app, select ‘Playlists’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then tap and hold down on the playlist that you want to remove from your library, followed by the words ‘Delete from Library’.
- To confirm that you really do want to delete the playlist, tap on the ‘Delete Playlist’ button.
Lastly, some final thoughts
Apple Music enables you to share your passion for music with your followers through your social media accounts.
Additionally, you can follow people who have similar musical preferences.
Your playlists will be accessible to the public by default; however, you can keep those embarrassing guilty pleasures hidden by making your playlists private.
And, of course, you have the option to delete them whenever you want.
That is one of the most appealing aspects of sharing music on Apple Music.