The Bose brand is one of the most well-known in the world of headphones, and it is popular among runners, gamers, casual listeners, and pilots. Some listeners may be interested in waterproof headphones so that they can listen to their favourite music while participating in any activity.
As of this writing, Bose does not sell any waterproof headphones or earbuds. The majority of their headphones should not be exposed to any moisture or used near water, according to the company. The company does, however, sell a small number of water-resistant sports and exercise products that are designed to withstand sweat and rain.
What activities and weather your headphones can be exposed to depends on whether or not they are waterproof. The distinction between not waterproof, water-resistant, and completely waterproof is significant. As a listener, you should be aware of the differences between all of the current Bose headphone models, which are detailed below.
It is not recommended to use headphones that are exposed to water.
The majority of Bose headphones fall into this category, and the owner’s manual will warn users not to even take the chance of using them near water. These headphones and earbuds are incapable of withstanding any type of moisture without suffering significant damage.
With no chance of precipitation, these headphones are perfect for use both indoors and outdoors when the weather is nice. Keep your headphones away from bodies of water in order to avoid any accidental mishaps with them.
Despite the fact that Bose’s iconic line of noise-canceling headphones is not intended for use near water, they perform admirably in a variety of other situations.
- Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones: These headphones are the classic Bose Quiet Comfort 45 headphones, but they have been updated with all of the modern features. These headphones give you the ability to adjust the balance between outside noise and the music you’re listening to. You can choose to shut out the rest of the world for a more immersive experience, or you can activate “aware mode” to ensure that you are aware of what is going on around you.
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Gaming Headset: The Bose QuietComfort 35 II Gaming Headset is a high-quality gaming headset that is comfortable to wear. These headphones are clearly intended to be used exclusively for gaming purposes. They will cancel out any background noise, ensuring that neither you nor your squad will be distracted by outside noise. They are universally compatible and have a battery life of up to 40 hours of wired gaming before needing to be recharged.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones: These are in-ear headphones that have a smaller profile while maintaining noise filtering technology. The ergonomic ear buds are available in a variety of sizes and are designed to comfortably fit and stay in place.
- QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones II: This headset is available in a variety of vibrant colours, allowing you to combine style with functionality. They are equipped to work seamlessly with voice assistants, and they are both comfortable and extremely durable at the same time. They are incapable of withstanding water, but don’t be concerned about them surviving falls and bumps.
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700: These headphones provide luxurious comfort while allowing for simple control adjustments with a single tap. They are excellent for making business or personal calls because they provide excellent noise clarity on both ends.
- Bose 700 UC Noise Cancelling Headphones: Bose 700 UC Noise Cancelling Headphones are designed to reduce background noise. All of the comfort and clarity of the regular 700 are present in the UC, but it has been specifically designed to accommodate the modern trend toward video calls and remote work. It will work flawlessly with Microsoft, Google Meet, and Zoom, among other programmes.
Bose went above and beyond with their sunglasses and headphone combinations this year. They have all of the style and UV protection of a good pair of sunglasses, but they also have the ability to play music of your choice.
With the exception of the standard sunglasses frame, the music is played through an open ear audio system that does not require anything to be placed in or on your ears. Despite the fact that you may want to wear these to the beach, you should avoid getting these three models too close to the water.
- Bose Frames Tenor: The tenor model, from the Bose Frames line, is a classic square frame design that looks great on just about anyone. It is both lightweight and durable at the same time. It is possible to answer calls and control your music using the tap and swipe finger controls on the frame.
- Bose Frames Soprano: A subtle cat-eye tilt to the frames gives the Bose Frames Soprano their retro-trendy look. It has all of the durability and functionality of the Tenor, but it is slightly smaller.
- BOSE Frames Alto: The Alto frames are characterised by their angular shape, which is always in style and flatters all face shapes. Moreover, it is available in a variety of limited edition colours.
Wireless headphones are becoming increasingly popular, and Bose offers three models with this convenient feature. None of them are waterproof or water-resistant in any way, shape, or form.
- SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II: Great sound quality and clear calls are easy to control from the right earcup, allowing you to be completely free of any wires or devices while you’re listening to music or watching videos.
- In-ear buds with the same comfort design as the QuietComfort 20 that stay in your ear even when you’re active are what the SoundSport wireless headphones are. The fact that they are small does not prevent them from becoming disoriented due to the fact that they are equipped with Tile location technology.
- Bose on-ear wireless headphones: This is one of the most affordable over-the-ear headphone models offered by Bose. It still has excellent sound quality and a battery life of up to 15 hours, which is quite impressive.
BOSE makes excellent headphones for a variety of lifestyles, but they also make headphones specifically designed for use in a professional office environment. Because these professional headsets are typically used indoors, they do not require any type of water resistance.
- Airbus A20 Aviation Headset: With additional noise cancelling technology, this aviation headset is designed for use in the most noisy aircraft. It also considers the pilot’s comfort by reducing the clamping force, which makes it much more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time than previous models.
- Introducing the ProFlight Series 2 Aviation Headset, a low-profile aviation headset with in-ear buds that is ideal for aircraft with low levels of environmental noise. Because of this, it was specifically designed to meet the requirements of jet aircraft.
- Headset (SoundComm B40): The SoundComm B40 is a professional communications headset designed for jobs where clear communication is essential. Their use is particularly beneficial during sporting events where production crews, sideline coaches, and other staff members must communicate effectively despite distracting background noises. The clarity, comfort, and durability will be appreciated by those attending live music, theatre, and sporting events.
Water-Resistant Headphones are available.
Water-resistant refers to the fact that the headphones can withstand drops, splashes, and drips. Rain and perspiration are not a concern. These headphones, on the other hand, are not intended to be submerged in water at any point in time.
Although the majority of Bose water-resistant models employ a special mesh to keep water from getting inside the more sensitive parts of the headphones, this technology will not function if the headphones are submerged completely underwater.
Athletics, precipitation, and activities near bodies of water where you may be splashed make water-resistant headphones and earbuds an excellent choice for many situations.
- Bose QuietComfort Earbuds: These earbuds were created with noisy environments in mind, according to the company. When travelling by bus, in a coffee shop, on campus, or even at home, these Quietcomfort Earbuds are designed to be extra comfortable thanks to the use of advanced noise cancelling technology to provide superior sound quality. These buds can withstand both sweat and rain thanks to their high water resistance.
- Bose Sport Earbuds: During exercise or sports, these earbuds are built with a slim design that fits close to your ear and creates a snug fit, preventing them from being jostled or bumped. They are made to be unaffected by heavy sweat or even the cool water that you just poured over your head because they were designed with sweat in mind.
- BOSE Frames Tempo: The Frames Tempo are sunglasses with built-in speakers that produce clear sound without the worry of misplacing an earbud. BOSE Frames Tempo are available in black or white and are available in two sizes: small and large. Because the speakers are located at the bottom of the frame, water and sweat drain away from the sides, keeping the speaker safe—not that a little water would be a problem, anyway—from damage.
- Bose Sport Open Earbuds: The Bose Sport Open Earbuds are a pair of open earbuds that have a sporty design. Even though they are extremely water-resistant, the Sport Open Earbuds leave the ear canal open to provide a more natural listening experience that does not isolate you from your surroundings.
- BOSE SLEEPBUDS II: BOSE SLEEPBUDS II are a pair of headphones that are designed to help you sleep better at night. With a small footprint on your ear and the ability to handle sweat all night, every night, the Bose Sleepbuds II are one of the most comfortable models of earbuds ever designed by Bose.