Did you know that a major factor that determines the success of a framing task is the tools used in it, especially a good quality air compressor?
An air compressor boasts numerous advantages. When we talk about framing specifically, it contributes to powering the nail guns, which in turn help assemble different wooden structures.
Due to an air compressor’s wide range of applications, numerous brands sell it. But not every compressor can be in accordance with your needs. So, to help you find the best one for your framing crew, we prepared a list of 5 relevant and powerful air compressors.
**Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
BEST AIR COMPRESSOR FOR FRAMING CREW 2021
Top 5 AIR COMPRESSOR FOR FRAMING CREW
1. Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor(Amazo’s Choice)
Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
For enhanced compression and quicker recovery, Makita presents its top-of-the-line MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor. The Big Bore engineered pump comes with a cast-iron cylinder that makes the compressor an ideal fit for extreme working sites.
Another main reason why this air compressor by Makita is a fan-favorite is that it doesn’t heat up while running and operates at an efficiently low RPM. These factors add to the longevity of the compressor.
Moreover, its tank boasts an impressive capacity of 4.2 gallons with the maximum pressure capacity set to 130 PSI. The robust 2.5 HP 4-Pole motor can deliver 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI. For those of you unaware, it is sufficient for driving not one but two nailers!
Not only does the MAC2400 air compressor provides high output, but it also doesn’t require frequent maintenance.
- Portability and protection, thanks to a safe roll-cage build
- Faster recovery time than several other alternatives
- Easily detachable parts
- Stable copper tubing for promoting heat dissipation
- It generates lower noise (79 dB), but not lower enough, given its design.
2. Eagle EA-3000 Silent Series 3000 Air Compressor
Eagle EA-3000 Silent Series 3000 Air Compressor 125 MAX psi Hot Dog with panel, Blue, 1 gallon
While selecting an air compressor for framing projects, there are many factors that you should take into consideration. One of these factors is noise. If a quiet compressor is a must for you, we can’t recommend the EA-3000 Silent Series 3000 Air Compressor harder! Eagle claims that it is the “quietest professional grade compressor” of its type.
Suitable for both indoor and outdoor tasks, this air compressor comes with a 1-gallon tank and a powerful 1 HP Peak motor that can deliver 2 CFM at 100 PSI. As for the maximum pressure, it peaks at 125 PSI.
Additionally, EA-3000 is one of the most durable compressors out there due to a number of reasons i.e. low RPM and dual air intake. So, when there is lesser friction, heat, and noise, expect the compressor to remain usable longer than many compressors normally do.
- A double piston pump that happens to be oil-free
- Incredibly quiet (46 dB)
- 4x the expected life of a regular compressor, thanks to its low amp requirement
- Easy to use with an adjustable pressure regulator
- Too weighty i.e. 39.7 pounds
3. Porter-Cable C2002-WK Pancake Compressor (Amazon’s Choice)
PORTER-CABLE C2002-WK Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor with 13-Piece Accessory Kit
Who said that an ideal air compressor can’t have visually appealing aesthetics? The Porter-Cable C2002-WK Pancake Compressor sports an impressive Pancake style tank that not only makes it look attractive but induces stability as well.
With the max pressure topping at 150 PSI, expect this compressor to run for long durations of time in a single go. Apart from that, the tank capacity of 6 gallons just makes it more of a convenient choice for heavy-duty framing tasks.
The icing on the cake is that the Pancake Compressor can deliver 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI, promoting rapid recovery. And yes, it comes with a limited warranty of one year!
- Oil-free pump for minimal maintenance
- Quick recovery time
- Portable and easily storable
- Can power three nailers at once
- The motor brush isn’t durable
- needs to be changed regularly
4. Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor (DC080500)
Campbell Hausfeld 8 Gallon Portable Quiet Air Compressor (DC080500)
You know you have hit a jackpot when you can land an air compressor that provides high-output but is extremely silent at the same time. And keeping this “best of both worlds” aspect in mind, we present the Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor (DC080500) with a max capacity of 125 PSI pressure.
When you are working with nuts and bolts, having this air compressor by your side can make your framing tasks seem like a walk in the park. Add in the fact that its tank can store up to 8 gallons of compressed air, the DC080500 immediately makes a huge jump on our recommendations’ list.
- Convenient and durable, courtesy of an oil-free pump
- High performance guaranteed due to the availability of a dual-piston pump system
- Extremely quiet (68 dBA), suitable for use both indoors as well as outdoors
- Large wheels and a rubber-grip steel handle add to its portability
- 125 Max PSI isn’t sufficient for many heavy-duty tasks
5. Porter-Cable CMB15 Air Compressor
PORTER-CABLE CMB15 (1.5 Gallon) Oil-Free Fully Shrouded / Hand Carry Compressor Kit with 25' Hose
$117.99 in stock
Yet another list entry representing a Porter-Cable air compressor. Well, we can’t help but commend the quality of air compressors it puts out, especially for use by framing crews.
With this particular model, expect a rapid recovery (2.0 SCFM at 90 PSI), a max tank capacity of 1.5 gallons, and a pressure capacity of 150 PSI for increased runtime. Apart from that, its motor doesn’t generate too much noise while running, promoting noise-free working conditions.
To assure potential buyers of its credibility, this compressor comes with a one-year warranty, applicable to the device components.
- Durable and requires no maintenance (oil-free pump)
- Easily starts even during the cold days
- Lightweight and easy to carry from one place to another
- Faster recovery time than many standard compressors
- Limited tank capacity of 1.5 gallons
In the end, you should know that there is no shortage of choices out there in the market. You can spot air compressors of all shapes, colors, and sizes without breaking a sweat.
What truly matters is your main preference. For some, affordability is the decision-making factor. For others, portability is a must. So, once you list down your priorities, you can get a clear idea of what you are actually looking for. And once you do that, we hope that this list of ours takes care of the rest i.e. introduce you to the best air compressor for your framing projects