Mowing is fun, but it is not an easy job at all. This activity is mostly performed by men, but a lot of times when men are busy or not at home or in the case of single moms, women have to do it on their own. We recommended below the best lawn movers to keep your yard well groomed in 2021.
Although it is quite hard to mow a large piece of land it can be made easy by considering all the necessary factors which directly influence the comfort of the operator and reduce the mowing time.
In my observation women mostly like light-weight, easily maneuverable, noiseless, and hassle-free mowers which require less maintenance as well. All these characteristics of different mowers can be easily compared if we understand the different features, specifications, and functions on which these characteristics depend.
A brief description of these factors is as follows:
The weight of a mower especially if it is push mower determines how easy or hard it is to move around with. Women usually like ones with less weight so they do not have to waste energy on pushing and get maximum results from the mowing time.
Also, the lighter mowers are easy to flip over for maintenance i.e, for cleaning the underside of the deck and the sharpening or replacement of the cutting blades.
Maneuverability means the ease of movement or displacement of a mower. A mower with a smaller size is easy to move and haul through the yard as compared to a bigger one. But due to less cutting width at the same time, it increases the number of passes to cut the same piece of land, and hence the mowing time is slightly increased.
A mower with bigger wheels is relatively easy to move as compared to another one with smaller wheels. Also, some mowers have larger rear wheels, this adds up more to their maneuverability especially on slopes and uneven ground.
Women usually like noiseless mowers and this is a very good omen. Electric mowers are almost noiseless and produce very little noise and other types of pollution as compared to the gas-powered mowers.
In case if you have a rough terrain then you probably have to select a gas mower for your yard. Don’t worry the modern gas-powered mowers do not produce a lot of noise like their elder brothers.
Ease of maintenance is the most preferred characteristic of women and men together. It means that it is easy to clean the mowers deck and remove the grass and debris from the deck. Moreover, the oil change and the replacement of drive belts and spark plugs should be easy.
By doing extensive research I have compiled a list of top mowers that are best suited for women. This list includes mowers from different categories ranging from push mowers to riding mowers.
Read and enjoy it.
Hopefully, you will love it.
1.Ryobi 20 in.- The best battery powered manual push mower
Internet # 311084745
This 20 inches battery-powered mower is a benchmark among the Ryobi’s huge range of battery-powered devices. This device is perfect for ladies who have a medium-sized yard because it is equipped with a 20 inches wide deck. The mower is quite light and maneuverable and offers a good battery stand by time.
Its adjustable handlebar makes it suitable for different height ladies.
- Push-button start for easy starting
- The 20 inches wide deck contains 1 blade and is fabricated from polymer composite material due to which it is lightweight and stays safe from rust.
- Deck height adjustment with 7 different positions ranging from 1.5 inches to 4 inches
- The 40 V lithium-ion 6 Ah battery provides ultimate power for half-acre run time on a single charge.
- The intelligent brushless motors provide gas like constant performance by adjusting power according to the requirement
- 8 inches front and 10 inches rear wheels
- Load sensing technology for maximizing efficiency
- It’s telescoping handles easily collapse for vertical storage thus acquiring less space
- Easy-lift single motion lock for attaching and releasing bagger
- High intensity LED headlights for extended mowing period
- Battery charger takes 4 hours to charge the battery
- On-board battery storage compartment
2. EGO 21 in. Walk Behind Self Propelled Mower – with Select Cut™ Multi-Blade System
Internet # 311174493
The EGO Power+ 21 in is the best battery powered walk behind mower which delivers a power equivalent to that of a gas-powered mower. Its Select Cut TM Multi-Blade System offers premium cutting performance. Its premium mulching blades offer performance equivalent to that of a high-end gas lawnmower. Its quiet operation, lightweight, and excellent maneuverability make it the best option for women.
- Easy and effortless push-button start
- Single-handed height adjustment with 3 handlebar positions
- EGO’s Self-propelled Touch Drive uses pressure to engage the system and offers control in the palm of your hand
- A dial for controlling variable speed is located at the fingertips with speeds ranging from 0.9 mph to 3.1 mph
- Twin blade, 21 inches wide deck fabricate from polymer composite material
- 7-position deck height adjustment ranging from 1.5 in. to 4 in.
- Two interchangeable lower blades (mulching and a bagging blade)
- An easily accessible twin-bushel grass collection bag
- Weather-resistant construction
- High- efficiency brushless motor
- 7 inches front and 9 inches rear wheels
- Industry’s most advanced 56 V 7.5 Ah ARC Lithium battery which provides a 60 minute run time on a single charge and power+ rapid charger which offers 1 hour charging time
- Battery level indicator
- Easily folds for compact storage
- LED headlights for extended mowing period
3. Troy-Bilt 21 in. TB100 Gas Walk Behind Push Mower- with 2-in-1 TriAction Cutting System
Internet # 306935872
The Troy-Bilt is famous for producing high-quality lawn care equipment and this mower is one of the best machines offered by Troy-Bilt. Despite being a gas mower it does not produce a lot of noise. Its large size rear wheels deliver high maneuverability on even ground and slopes as well. These and some other features make it women’s best choice among the gas-powered walk-behind push mowers.
- Prime N Pull E-Z starting system ensures easy starting using a pull cord
- Powerful 140 cc 500e Series Briggs and Stratton engine
- 7 inches front and 11 inches high rear wheels for maximum traction
- 21 inches wide 15-gauge stamped steel deck with 1 blade
- Conveniently located dual-lever 6 position height adjustment ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches
- TriAction cutting system uses a rake guard and a symmetrical deck for optimum and even cut
- Integrated deck wash port for easy cleaning of the deck
- Both side discharge chute and mulch kit with a built-in clip to attach to the handle
Use fuel stabilizers to increase the longevity of the mower and to maintain the engine.
4. Scott’s 16 in. Manual Walk Behind Push Reel Lawn Mower – Best mower for weight loss
Internet # 100540960
This manual walk behind push reel lawn mower is a special gift for women who love doing physical activities like exercise. Though it is not suitable if you have a huge lawn it is the best option for a small-sized yard.
As far as the environment is concerned, this mower produces no pollution and does not harm the environment. This mower can prove to be the best exercise for the women who wish to lose some pounds.
- 16 inches wide cutting blade
- The reel assembly is made up of rust-resistant 10 gauge steel
- 5 adjustable cutting positions ranging from 0.5 inches to 2.5 inches
- Cutting blades are made up of heat-treated, tempered alloy steel
- Its flared T-style handle has soft grips for maximum comfort
- Its lightweight makes it extremely easy to maneuver
- 10-inch wheels with radial tread tires
5. Cub Cadet CC30e 30 in. Electric Riding Mower – with battery level indicator
Internet # 311630110
Whenever we think about mowing, the most respectable name we think of is the Cub Cadet. Its products are purely made in America and are well known for their cutting edge quality.
Cub Cadet mostly produces gas-powered mowers but the one we are going to discuss is powered by electricity and uses a 56 V 30 Ah Lithium-Ion battery. The use of electric power makes it a noiseless and pollution-free mower. Moreover, these electric riding mowers require almost no maintenance.
- A highly efficient steering system which enables 18 inches turning radius
- Push-button cruise control for consistent mowing
- Due to its small size, it can easily pass through 36 inches wide gates and garages
- 13-inch front and 16 inch rear wheels offer good traction
- 5 mph maximum forward and 4 mph maximum reverse speeds
- 30 inches wide, single blade cutting deck made up of 12 gauge stamped steel
- Adjustable cutting height ranging from 1.5 in. to 4 in.
- Battery rated at 56 V, 30 Ah, and 1500 Wh
- It takes 4 hours to recharge the battery using a 120 V outlet and can mow up to 1 acre on a single charge
- Battery level indicator to keep you aware
- High-back seat with comfortable armrests
- As it uses no oil, belts, and spark plugs so its maintenance requirements are low
- Charge your gadgets on the go with a USB charging port
6. RYOBI 30 in. 50 Ah Battery Electric Riding Mower – with 3 brush-less motors
Internet # 312460582
Ryobi is a well-known brand for producing cordless lawn care and power tools. Its range of products is the perfect manipulation of go green solutions. If you are an average user and want a low price electric riding mower then the Ryobi’s 48 V 30 in is the best option for you.
Despite being battery powered it gives high performance because it uses three powerful brushless motors. These motors produce power equivalent to that of a gas mower without any noise or fumes.
Let’s dig deep into its other traits:
- Durable twin-blade 30 inches cutting deck made up of 12-gauge stamped steel
- Manually adjustable 7 deck heights ranging from 1.5 in. to 4.5 in.
- 3 powerful brushless motors
- 13 in front and 16 in rear wheels
- 5 mph maximum forward and 2 mph maximum reverse speeds
- The three 50 Ah batteries take about 10.25 hrs to charge and a single charge can withstand 1-hour mowing or 1-acre yard
- Charging carried through rear access charging port via a 120 V outlet
- The front portion includes a battery level indicator and a cup holder
- Environment friendly with zero emissions
- No maintenance
- Can easily pass through 42 in wide gates
- LED headlights for extended mowing time
Which type of mower is the best for my yard?
The answer to this question is not so difficult at all. But to answer it must have a rough idea about the area of your yard. Only then you can conclude and select a mower to satisfy your needs. It’s a famous saying “A problem well-defined is a problem half solved”.
If you have an area of a quarter-acre or less then the Reel mowers are the best option for you. As it is easier to mow a yard less than a quarter acre, you can have a good exercise while saving fuel costs as well.
If your yard is half an acre or less then you should probably go for selecting a walk-behind self-propelled lawnmower. These mowers are powered by gas as well as batteries. Battery-powered mowers are a better option because they are environment friendly and require less maintenance. But in case if your hard has a large number of hills and slopes with uneven surface then it is better to adopt a gas-powered mower.
If you own a yard as big as 0.75 acres or greater then, it is suggested to choose a riding mower. It will save you a lot of time. Women usually prefer electric-powered riding mowers due to their quiet operation and no maintenance. Moreover, in these mowers, batteries are placed under the operator station and the mower is controlled by a steering wheel. This makes them very convenient to operate.