Nowadays, smartwatches come with heart rate sensors, they track your fitness levels and act as your companion in your daily routine. Similarly, smartwatches for women come with an extra added feature of keeping track of your monthly menstrual cycle as well. The straps come in various styles, different colors, and sizes and with a fine finish that enhances your outlook wherever you go.
Over the past few years, top companies around the world finally realized that smartwatches aren’t only for men; women want to wear one as well. However, initially, some companies decided to bring out smartwatches with straps of rose gold and pink color but this wasn’t enough. The straps weren’t fitting the smaller wrists of females and the dial seemed too big for the hands.
As a result of this, brands around the globe started producing smartwatches specifically designed for women. They were conscious of their needs and made sure the smartwatches they designed fulfilled their demands. For instance, if you are a sports enthusiast or runner, then Garmin has an advanced collection of smartwatch for female runners.
Now that there are a lot of options for women out there, just like different choices in smartwatches for men, and smartwatches for kids. it is pretty difficult for you to pick the best one, and this is where we come in.
We decided to research the market for you and picked some of the best ladies’ smartwatches in 2021. We’ve written a detailed review of each product, along with their features and pros and cons to help you decide which one of the fancy smartwatches you want to get.
**Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Top 10 Smartwatches for Women in 2021
Best Smartwatches for Women
1. Fossil Gen 5 Julianna
Fossil Gen 5 Julianna HR Heart Rate Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch, Color: Rose Gold (Model: FTW6035)
$199.00 in stock
At the top of our list rank this OS smartwatch by Fossil. The brand is known for producing watches that have a sleek and elegant design that looks perfect on your wrists. If you’re looking for some of the best budget women’s smartwatches in 2021, Fossil’s devices are worth checking out.
- With a high-resolution touchscreen of 44mm, a microphone, and a loudspeaker, you can answer incoming calls or communicate with your assistant anytime.
- It comes with a variety of straps including brown, black, blush and silver; choose the one that suits your style and start showing it off to your friends.
- It connects and links to both Android and iOS devices so it doesn’t matter what phone you use. It stays charged for more days than usual smartwatches and comes with its own magnetic USB cable. The watch comes with the latest rapid charging technology which means it goes from 0 to 80 percent within 60 minutes.
- It can track your heart rate via the Google Fit app, it can track the number of kilometers you’ve traveled from the point you started your journey and the Google assistant acts as your personal assistant that helps you every step of the way. The stainless steel design is waterproof and can withstand pressures of around 3atm.
- There is a Google Pay app in case you’re looking to shop online. With Bluetooth and the option to receive your phone’s notifications on your watch, this is perhaps one of the best budget women’s smartwatches in 2021. With 8GB worth of storage and 1GB RAM, this is one of the best fossil smartwatches for women.
- Monitors heart rate perfectly well
- Allows you to respond to texts and incoming calls
- HD touchscreen can be customized according to your liking
- Elegant design, lightweight
- Battery only lasts a day
- Display could have been brighter
2. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch
Fitbit Versa Smart Watch, Peach/Rose Gold Aluminium, One Size (S & L Bands Included)
Another top company known for its high-quality smart devices is Fitbit. This Versa smartwatch comes equipped with all the high-end features you would want your watch to have. If you’re looking for something that ties to your wrist and acts as your cellphone, this is the ideal option for you.
- The device is slim, lightweight, and comfortable. It comes with an anodized aluminum body that feels smooth on the skin. It can connect to iOS 10.6 and up while for Android devices, you need to have versions 5.0 and up. The watch has a syncing range of up to 6.1 meters as well. it quickly charges to 100% and lasts for over 4 days with just one charge.
- The device comes with enough storage to download as many as 300 songs, give or take. You can view your playlists on the HD touchscreen and swipe across the screen to switch to the next song.
- Moreover, you can receive and answer calls using the watch, set up your calendar, and preview push notifications of your mobile phone. You can also send quick replies to your friends; however, this option is only for Android users.
- With PurePulse technology, the smartwatch can monitor your heart rate in real-time every time it’s wrapped around your wrist. It also tracks when you sleep or when you’re working out to analyze how your heart performs during the process. You can also use the smartwatch to track your periods and monthly cycles to see patterns and trends once a certain amount of data is collected.
- The Fitbit device allows you to record and track your workout. It connects to the GPS on it and counts the laps you’ve completed during the morning jog or the evening swim. It is waterproof to up to 50m deep so you wouldn’t have to worry about taking it off every time you feel like going for a swim.
- Real-time heart rate monitoring
- Waterproof for up to 50 meters’ deep
- Ability to connect to wireless headphones via Bluetooth
- A full charge lasts you about 4 days
- Clear display
- Frequently disconnects from your mobile
3. Apple Watch Series 5
Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular, 40mm) - Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sport Band
Perhaps this was something you’ve all been waiting for, and here it is. The Series 5 Apple Watch has been elegantly designed for both men and women. If you own an iPhone and you think the rose gold color is your thing, this is perhaps the best apple smartwatch for women.
- The dial is available in two sizes; 40mm and 44mm. The strap is made of fluoroelastomer that feels smooth and silky on the skin. It comes in a variety of colors and strap materials so we do believe this product isn’t just limited to women.
- The watch comes with a 30% larger screen than the previous model and displays a clock throughout the day which means the screen never turns off. It comes with a fitness tracker that records your activities and allows you to set fitness goals for the future.
- The Apple Watch has a pre-installed compass and has a waterproof design that allows you to go 50 meters underwater without worrying about damaging the device. It monitors your menstrual cycle if you allow it to, it can track your heart rate, perform ECG readings, and has optical heat sensors. You can also shop from the Apple music store to listen to songs and you can pay through the company’s very own Apple Pay.
- The smartwatch wirelessly connects to Wi-Fi and your phone. You can answer incoming calls, respond to text messages, and set up your monthly calendar on the Series 5. It can connect to Airpods if you’re in the mood for some music or you can connect to other headphones via Bluetooth.
- Considering the high-end features that include GPS and Cellular as well as the real-time monitoring of your heart rate, the 18-hour battery life is enough. After all, the watch constantly displays a clock on the screen so you never miss the time for something important.
- Easy tracking of menstrual cycles
- Crystal clear display
- 30% larger screen
- wide range of straps to choose from
- A bit expensive
- Battery life could have been improved
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 W/ Enhanced Sleep Tracking Analysis, Auto Workout Tracking, and Pace Coaching (40mm, GPS, Bluetooth), Aqua Black - US Version with Warranty
$199.00 in stock
25 used from $124.99
This is something that gives the Apple Series 5 a run for its money. With an enhanced sleep tracking ability and auto workout tracking features, this is one of the best android smart watches for women.
- To begin with, the smartwatch is a lightweight device that is comfortable to wear and feels smooth on the skin. It comes in an aluminum and a stainless steel body, both. With a wide range of colors to choose from and with a fine finish, this certainly is a top choice for women.
- It tracks your fitness more efficiently than ever before and provides you with feedback and insights so you can keep improving. The built-in pace coach as well as the advanced sensors installed motivate you to out-do yourself every time you’re on the run.
- Also, you can set the range of heart rate you deem acceptable on Galaxy Active 2. This way, whenever the smartwatch detects that the heart rate is out of the predefined range, it can notify you immediately. However, keep in mind that the software this watch includes does not have the ability to treat or diagnose heart diseases. It can simply tell you whether your heart rate is lower or higher than what it’s supposed to be.
- Moreover, the watch monitors your sleep activities as well and your stress levels and then tries to help you using the latest Calm App. However, it must be noted all these features work perfectly if you own a Galaxy smartphone. Performances of the Active 2 can vary from device to device.
- The fancy smartwatch comes with outstanding battery life. It can go on for around 5 days consecutively once it has been fully charged. Besides, if you’re ever in a highly unlikely circumstance that the smartwatch is out of charge, you can boost it using your Galaxy mobile phone using wireless power share.
- Voice command for your convenience
- Apps such as Twitter and Google so you can stay on top of everything
- Great battery life
- Durable and reliable
- Can work with a few Apple phones as well
- Does not support LTE
5. Skagen Falster 3 Gen 5
Skagen Connected Falster 3 Gen 5 Stainless Steel Mesh Touchscreen Smartwatch, Color: Gunmetal (Model: SKT5200)
1 used from $219.99
Though this isn’t very popular, it certainly is one of the best hybrid smartwatches for women on our list. It is equipped with high-end features like that of the Fossil Gen 5 we saw earlier and comes at almost the same price.
- The dial on this watch is 42mm while the strap is made of stainless steel. It is scratchproof and can withstand wear and tear to quite a larger extent. The OS is based on wear OS which is powered by Google. The system is known to keep up with the latest technology and only rarely does it lag behind. It links up well with both Android and Apple smartphones and offers users with the same experience.
- The display of the watch is average; it is clear but could have been improved considering the price tag. You can customize the layout according to your convenience and switch the watch faces as well. just like the others on this list, the watch monitors your heart rate and pulse with the built-in app Google Fit. You can use the app to set fitness goals and track your progress as you proceed.
- Moreover, the GPS on the smart device tracks your movement and measures the distance you’ve traveled whether your running, walking, cycling, swimming, or jogging. It is both sweat and waterproof so you shouldn’t worry about damaging the interior with any kind of moisture.
- It comes with improved battery life and smart battery modes to improve efficiency and consume less power. The magnetic USB cable that comes included in the package makes sure your device goes from 0 to 80% within an hour. The 4GB ROM and 1 GB RAM make sure the smartwatch works smoothly and has enough space for you to download some basic apps.
- The Google Assistant allows you to use voice commands to place calls, respond to text messages, and schedule your calendar. You can use the microphone and the speaker to answer incoming calls as well and view the notifications you receive on your phone.
- Google Assistant works better on this than most smartwatches
- Stunning, elegant design makes it one of the best ladies’ smartwatches
- Efficient use of the battery saves power when not in use
- Comfortable on the wrist
- Customizable dials
- Limited design options
- The leather strap could’ve been of better quality
6. Kate Spade New York Scallop
Kate Spade New York Scallop Touchscreen Smartwatch, Two-Tone Stainless Steel Bracelet, 42mm, KST2007
This device is one of the best android smart watches for women in 2021. If you’re looking for some fancy smartwatches that connect with both Apple and Android smartphones, this certainly should be in your top five.
- The strap is made of high-quality silicone to make sure it is flexible and bendy. This allows the watch to undergo tough deformations and still remain as good as new. The dial is 42mm in diameter while the thickness is around 9mm. It is lightweight, comfortable, and gives you an elegant outlook.
- The watch itself comes in a rose gold color as well as a scallop pattern on the edges of the dial. It gives the watch a sleek outlook and will certainly turn heads when you walk into the office wearing this. The touchscreen has a high-resolution while the watch is fully customizable from the inside.
- Additionally, you can link your phone to the watch and receive notifications, calls, and text messages on the watch. You can track your activities, check the weather forecast, type notes and make lists, control the playlists, and set reminders.
- With Wear OS and a Google Assistant installed, you get help every step of the way. You can ask the assistant to answer incoming calls or dial the number for you. You can respond to messages and ask Google Assistant to set up a calendar for you.
- Moreover, the smartwatch will track your heart rate, count the number of steps you take when you go for a walk in the park, and count the number of calories you’ve burned. With so many features running all the time, we believe the 24-hour battery life is enough. However, it could be better considering the price range.
- Attractive design
- Works with both iOS and Android
- User-friendly interface
- Real-time pedometer
- A bit heavier than other smartwatches
- No GPS
7. Fitbit Versa 2
Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music, Alexa Built-In, Sleep and Swim Tracking, Stone/Mist Grey, One Size (S and L Bands Included)
$161.25 in stock
This one’s a bit different from the rest of the products in this list, primarily because it comes with Amazon’s Alexa instead of Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri. The Fitbit Versa 2 is perhaps the best ladies’ smartwatch.
- As one of the slim smartwatches for women in 2021, this one comes in a stylish, elegant design. It comes in a variety of colors so you wouldn’t have any problem finding something that suits you well.
- The Versa 2 comes with a larger and clearer display than its predecessor. The display always stays on and shows basic information such as the number of steps you’ve taken, the calories you’ve burnt, the date, and the current time. Even though the display is always on, the smartwatch comes with a whopping battery life of more than 6 days.
- With built-in Alexa, you can get access to the latest news and information worldwide, you can check out the week’s weather forecasts and set alarms and timers. You also have the ability to control other smart devices at home through your Versa 2 using your voice.
- Moreover, the Fitbit monitors your heart rate, the amount of sleep you’re getting, and your sleeping pattern in general. The sleep score collects data and then provides you with a report for you to see how well you slept the night before. You have the option to track the time you’ve spent in deep sleep as well as the amount of time you’ve spent in the REM cycle.
- With your smartphone connected, you can answer incoming calls, place outgoing calls, quickly respond to text messages, and view notifications from apps. However, quick replies and the option to send voice note messages are only available to Android mobile users.
- Sleep Score and Smart Wake make sure you get quality sleep and you wake up just at the right time
- Enough storage to download more than 300 of your favorite songs
- Basic info available on a quick glance thanks to the display always staying on
- Great battery life
- Amazon Alexa is flawless
- Built-in GPS
- Doesn’t connect with Apply Health and neither with Google Fit
8. Garmin Vivo move HR
Garmin vívomove HR, Hybrid Smartwatch for Men and Women, Black/Black, Large
1 used from $189.99
This one’s a little less known; however, it is a smartwatch that goes perfectly well with both men and women of all styles. With advanced features you usually find inexpensive smartwatches, this is one of the best hybrid smartwatches for women that is light on the wallet at the same time.
- Firstly, the watch comes in a design where fashion meets the heart. Who says you need to compromise on fashion for a great smartwatch? With this watch, you get an elegant style, high-end features, great battery life, a clear digital display, and much more.
- The smartwatch can connect to both iOS and Android devices so no matter what phone you have; this one’s going to be a safe investment for you. You can download music on this as well as answer incoming calls and send quick replies to text messages. You can set up your calendar and set timers that notify you of a meeting well before time.
- It is equipped with the latest Elevate Wrist Technology that accurately measures your heart rate. Also, it tracks your stress levels throughout the day and has a relaxation timer that forces you to take some time off from certain activities and simply let go. If you’re looking for something that helps you throughout the day with your stress and time management, the Garmin Vivo move is something you should consider.
- Moreover, the smartwatch counts the steps you’re taking in real-time, the distance you’ve covered when running on the track, the calories you’ve burnt, and how your heart rate changes when you start a workout.
- You can also save the information and the data your smartwatch keeps track of by installing the Garmin Connect application. Also, you can join online challenges and compete with other people in terms of fitness. With so many people encouraging and sharing motivation, why would you want to back down?
- Battery life up to 5 days (if you just use it as a normal watch, you can extend it up to 2 weeks)
- Crystal clear touchscreen; no reflection whatsoever
- Shows the weather forecasts as well
- Pedometer and the heart rate monitor are accurate and precise
- Dial is big enough to display text messages clearly
- A bit on the thicker side; makes it heavy
- Screen isn’t bright enough which makes it tough when standing in the sun
9. TOOBUR Fitness Tracker Watch
TOOBUR Fitness Tracker Watch, Activity Tracker with Pedometer Heart Rate Calorie Counter and Sleep Monitor, Waterproof Step Counter Smart Watch for Android and iOS
TOOBUR is another top brand when it comes to the manufacturing of smart devices. The Fitness Tracker Watch by TOOBUR is one of the best slim smartwatches for women looking to get fit over the summer holidays.
- Once you receive the package, the smartwatch is pretty easy to setup. When you link it with your phone, the time and date will automatically set itself. You can choose from four different clock types – digital or analog – to better suit yourself. The data on the screen is very easy to read even in broad daylight.
- The smartwatch comes with 14 different activity modes and records data accordingly. These modes include walking, running, cycling, dancing, working out, and playing football, basketball or tennis. You can record data, see the number of calories each activity burns, and how each affects your heart rate.
- It also comes with a sleep monitor that analyzes your sleeping patterns. It tracks the time you spend in deep sleep as well as the hours you spend in REM sleep.
- Moreover, just like every device we’ve listed in this post, this, too, comes with the options to receive incoming calls and view text messages. The watch will vibrate at every notification so you can quickly get back to your friends if it’s something important. This is especially helpful when you’ve put your phone on charge and you’re sitting on the couch in the other room.
- Along with the smartwatch itself, you get a user manual, a list of Frequently Asked Questions, a 12-month warranty card, and a 60-day money-back guarantee. The company takes it upon itself to reply to any queries and problems within 24 hours.
- All kinds of weatherproof
- Compatible with both Apple and Android phones
- Wrist sense; the screen turns on when you turn your hands towards your face
- Exceptional battery life; goes up to a week with normal usage
- Precise sleep monitor
- No GPS
- No voice commands
10. Fossil Venture Gen 4
Fossil Women's Gen 4 Venture HR Heart Rate Stainless Steel Touchscreen Smartwatch, Color: Rose Gold (Model: FTW6011)
Last, but not the least, is another Fossil smartwatch designed specifically for women. With a new, innovative design, it is one of the most adored smartwatches by women in 2021.
- The watch’s dial is around 40mm, just like the majority on this list, while the band is 18mm in length. You can also buy bands separately if you’re looking to change your style.
- It is based on Wear OS produced by Google but works well with both Apple and Android devices.
- You can customize the layout of the watch according to your convenience. It has a microphone in case you want to speak with Google Assistant, you can set timers and alarms so you don’t miss meetings and you can check on the weekly weather forecasts very easily. It also has a LED flashlight which is useful when you find yourself in a dark room when the power’s out.
- You can monitor your heart rate and track your fitness activities quite easily by downloading the Google Fit app. It has a built-in GPS that measures the distance you’ve covered on the jogging track and has a swimproof design which means you don’t need to take it off every time you go swimming.
- You can also shop online very easily using the Google Pay App. Forgot your wallet at home? Open Google Pay and let it take care of the rest.
- Furthermore, you can pick incoming calls using your watch and respond to messages quickly as well. you can manage your calendar, download 100s of songs, and also download ride-sharing apps like Uber thanks to the high storage capacity.
- The battery life is around 24 hours but it can extend to an additional 48 hours if you switch to power-saving mode. The magnetic USB cable makes sure the smartwatch goes from 0 to 80% within 60 minutes.
- Stylish look
- Straps are interchangeable
- Automatically detects different activities
- Battery life could have been better considering the price
Read Also: Best Waterproof Smartwatches
Above were 10 of the best smartwatches for women to get in 2021. As you may have noticed, each of them comes with exceptional features that include heart rate monitoring, tracking your fitness levels, and the option to customize it entirely according to your style.
Most of the above-listed smartwatches connect via Wi-Fi. You don’t really need to worry about it disconnecting from your phone unless your phone isn’t connected to the internet either.
Which one of the above did you like the most? Do you prefer those that connect with Apple or Android or both? Let us know; we love hearing your side.
Q1. Do smartwatches take pictures?
Ans: Unfortunately, no. Smartwatches do not come with a camera. However, they can act as a remote controller for mobile devices and can control the cameras of smartphones.
Q2. Will my Smartwatch work without a SIM card?
Ans: Smartwatches do not require SIM cards to offer functions. Even if your phone does not have a SIM card installed for a while, you can still receive messages on WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. You can also browse the internet, set up your calendar, and check the weather forecasts.
Q3. How far apart can a smartwatch and a phone be?
Ans: Initially, smartwatches used to connect with mobile phones via Bluetooth. This meant that if your mobile and smartwatch are 100m away (and this is just the best possible range) they’ll disconnect. The latest ones come with the ability to connect over Wi-Fi. As long as your mobile is switched on and connected to an internet server, the smartwatch will stay connected as well.