You AirPods users out there, have you ever thought of pairing two different pairs? What would you do if you had two different pairs?
The major question becomes, can you use two different AirPods at the same time? Those who are wondering whether this is possible should stick around as this article discusses such a scenario.
Can I use two Airpods at the same time?
A replacement AirPod can always be used in place of the one that originally came with the AirPod. The Apple Store will be able to sell you a replacement pair if you happen to lose one.
The new AirPods must be of the same generation as your current model.
The new and current AirPods must be placed in your case to be paired.
It is important to keep the lid open at all times.
The button located at the back of the case should be held down. Resetting both AirPods will accomplish this. They will then sync and operate together as a single unit.
What is the best way to pair two Airpods
It is just as easy to pair two AirPods as it is to pair one.
There is no need to be concerned about the complexity involved.
When pairing, it is important to follow the following steps:
- Rechargeable cases should be used for both AirPods.
- You should check the status light, and the lid should remain open. If the light is amber, the lid is open.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case for five seconds. When the status light flashes, the color should change. It should become white. Close the lid, connect the charger, and leave it for 15 minutes if it remains in amber.
- When the AirPods are inside the lid, hold them close to your device.
- When a connection animation appears, you should join.
How should you choose a replacement pair?
It is important to keep certain things in mind before ordering a replacement pair of glasses.
The process would be easier with this in mind, and you would not waste much time or resources.
Is it lost?
Many of us quickly replace AirPods if we do not know where we have put them. The AirPods are considered minor due to their small size.
It is difficult to locate them once they have been lost. If, on the other hand, the AirPods have never been lost, ordering a replacement is simply not economical.
It is advisable to locate your current iPhone before ordering a replacement through the Find My iPhone application. It is a feature provided by Apple to help you locate your devices. If the earbud went missing, the device would be able to locate it.
It will be easy for you to locate the missing pair. The Find My iPhone feature allows you to locate your phone even if you are unable to see it initially.
Compatibility with AirPods
It is impossible to compare AirPods from two different generations. You must know the model and generation of your AirPods. The first generation of AirPods cannot be connected to the second generation.
This is because their chips differ. The 1st generation chips are powered by W1 chips. Meanwhile, the second generation is powered by H1-chips. While purchasing a replacement, you should be careful.
This applies also to AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. The generations are autonomous from one another. AirPods can only be paired with other AirPods of the same generation.AirPods are easily identified by their generation, in most cases.
Simply follow these steps:
- It is important to know the model number of your AirPods. Connect your AirPods to your iPhone to find out this information. Once the pairing is complete, you will see the information.
- Go to the settings application and select Bluetooth.
- The AirPods should appear in the list.
- Tap the information button next to them. An information window should appear.
This procedure, however, only applies to iOS devices running iOS 14 and higher.
If this is not the case for you, try:
- The settings application can be found by going to the general tab.
- Scroll down to about my device to find it.
- Tap the model number of your AirPods by scrolling down to see its name.
You can use the model number to figure out which AirPods you have. We have four different generations. Model numbers for the first generation are A1523 and A1722. This is the first time they’ve been introduced.
It’s the successor to the first generation and was launched in 2019. These models are A2031 and A2032. AirPods Pro came out in 2019. They’re model numbers A2083 and A2084.Apple just launched the AirPods Max.
The model number is A2096, and it was released in 2020.
If you’re ordering a replacement from Apple, make sure you do it through their official website.
You can find it inside the case for your AirPods.
If you give Apple your information, they’ll send you a replacement AirPod.
How Can I Connect Two Airpods to One iPhone?
Before the release of iOS 13, it was not possible to connect two AirPods to one iPhone.
However, since the software has been updated, this is possible.
This has been made possible by the addition of the audio sharing feature.
The feature allows you to connect two AirPods to one iPhone and listen to the same audio.
To begin, you will need to connect the two AirPods to your iPhone.
As a result, you should:
- Open the AirPods case next to the iPhone, after unlocking your device
- you will see a connect animation screen
- The percentage of your AirPods will be displayed once you click the connect button. The pairing has been successful.
- Simply tap on done to start using your AirPods.
The steps for the second pair will be different.
It is important that you:
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone. You should also place the AirPods near your iPhone.
- The iPhone should identify your AirPods by opening the lid of the case. There should be an option to detect if the AirPods trying to connect are not yours. This would be indicated by a pop-up.
- Make sure your AirPods are in pairing mode by clicking the connect button at the back of the case.
- The AirPods’ status light will turn on once the pairing process is complete.
Connecting two Airpods to a Mac
There may be times when we wish to connect two AirPods to our Mac. It is possible to do so.
A friend of yours may be watching a movie with their pair.
By doing so, you will enjoy the film to its fullest extent.
Listed below are steps you can take to accomplish this:
- The first step in pairing AirPods with your Mac is to plug them in.
- Click on System Preferences from your Mac. Navigate to the Output tab, then select sound.
- You can adjust the volume independently for each pair. Choose what works best for you. The volume cannot be adjusted individually once you’ve opted for dual listening.
- Click on the Finder icon, then select Audio Midi setup. It should then be opened.
- A plus sign should appear in the bottom left corner. Tap this button to create the Multi-Output Device.
- AirPods should be renamed to make them distinguishable. The first step in renaming AirPods is to return to the multi-output device menu and click on the relevant name.
- It is now possible to select the output device sound system either through the sound system preferences or the volume menu.
AirPods can be used with two different devices at the same time. One set may include the left AirPod and another may include the right AirPod.
This is because you may purchase a replacement set of the same generation as your previous set.
Several people may use AirPods at the same time in other homes. Things are prone to getting mixed up. Essentially, you will need to pair your device again. They will pair automatically if both are in their chargers with their lids closed.
Finally, you should understand the process of pairing two AirPods.
Your iPhone or Mac can be paired with this device. Several problems can be solved in this way.