Whether it is in our homes or on our mobile devices, storage space is a concern that we all face.
If you have too much clutter on your smartphone, what are some ways to clean up its internal storage?
Are you required to delete beloved songs and playlists that you have cultivated over time?
How much space are these playlists taking up? Do Apple Music songs consume much space at all?
How much space are Apple Music playlists taking up?
If you download Apple Music playlists to your device for offline listening, you will consume internal storage space. It takes 2GB/680 MB of space on your phone to store 1,000 songs at 128 kbps. The Apple Music app enables you to store your playlists exclusively within the app and listen to them online only. By doing so, you would be able to conserve your internal storage space.
A subscriber to Apple Music has the option of downloading songs, playlists, and albums from Apple Music’s vast catalog onto their iPhones or iPads, which permits offline listening.
If you are without a cell signal, this can provide some fun listening, but it will quickly eat up your internal storage.
Fortunately, there is a program called Optimized Storage that can assist you in offloading songs when you need to.
If you do not download the playlists you create on Apple Music, they will not consume internal storage space. However, if you download them onto your device, they will consume internal storage space.
Optimized Storage can be of assistance in this respect.
I am sending you this email since you probably received a notification on your phone about low storage space. Let me tell you what I have done to make space on my iPhone easier to manage.
During this article, I will demonstrate how you can use Optimized Storage and a few other techniques that can be used to increase your storage capacities.
Are playlists a resource hog on iPhones?
If you download playlists onto your iPhone, they will consume space on your device.
This requires internal storage.
The internal storage space on your device will not be used up if you just listen online.
What can I do to reduce the amount of storage Apple Music takes up?
Apple has developed optimized storage to reduce storage space requirements.
If the storage space in your device is becoming limited, Optimized Storage will automatically remove the songs that you have not listened to for some time.
You can then listen to new songs that you want to hear.
It only requires that you enable it.
Where can I find information about Optimized Storage?
A few simple steps are required to enable Optimized Storage.
Here are the steps you need to follow to set it up:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the Settings app.
- Click on the Music icon near the bottom of the apps list.
- Select the Optimized Storage option from the Downloads menu.
- The Optimized Storage switch should be set to the “on” position. When the switch is in the “on” position, it will be green.
- Decide how much space you wish to reserve for your music before it begins to be automatically erased from your Apple device.
How do I stop the downloads from happening automatically?
If you have automatic downloads enabled at the moment, you will have the option to disable them at a later time.
Simply carry out the steps below:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device, be it an iPhone or an iPad.
- Navigate to the list of Apps and then select Music.
- Find the toggle switch that’s right next to Automatic Downloads, and then turn it so that it says “off.”
Is it possible to manually download newly released songs?
If you wish to, you can manually download new music into your collection.
If you have your iCloud Music Library turned on, you’ll be able to access and download new songs through the Apple Music app.
How to do it:
- Launch the Music app on the iOS device you’re using.
- Find the song, album, or playlist in your library that you wish to download so that you can listen to it while you are not connected to the internet.
- Find the cloud icon that looks like it has an arrow coming out of it, then click on the icon that is displayed next to the song that you want to download. You also have the option to download the entire album by tapping on the icon that is located next to the picture on the album cover. You can also press and hold down on the album cover that is located within your library, or you can do the same thing on a song that is from that album. After that, pick Download from the option that appears in the pop-up window.
Is it possible to delete tracks downloaded individually?
It is possible to delete downloaded music one at a time if that is what you choose to do.
You only need to perform the following if you wish to carry out your plan:
- Launch the Music app on the device you’re using.
- Find the song or album in your collection that you wish to remove from your device’s local storage and choose it.
- You can delete a song from the Music app by first pressing and holding down on the track you want to get rid of, then selecting Remove from the pop-up menu that appears. When it asks you to delete the download, select the Remove Download option. If you are currently using iTunes, simply right-click (or Ctrl-click) the music, and then select the Remove Download option from the menu that appears.
A Few Parting Thoughts
When you directly download music and playlists from the Music app onto your device, this will use up storage space on your device.
Because of this, the majority of consumers opt to keep data stored in their iCloud accounts.
On the other hand, you can control how much space is used for storage by using Optimized Storage.
There are a few different ways to save space on your device, but the most efficient method is to avoid downloading a large number of songs at once.