Apple paid $3 billion in 2014 to acquire the Beats by Dre brand as a standalone entity. Since that time, Apple has taken complete responsibility for the research and development of all Beats products.
The Beats Flex and other Beats devices are compatible with any audio device that supports Bluetooth pairing.
All that is required of you at this point is to ensure that the earphones are in the pairing mode, go to the Bluetooth device settings on your MacBook, and then click on the name of your Beats Flex in the list of accessible devices.
Can Beats Flex-Connect to MacBook?
Your MacBook, iMac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and almost any other Bluetooth-enabled audio device, such as an Android or Windows device, may all connect to your Beats Flex wireless headphones over Bluetooth. If Beats Flex did not have this connection and cross-compatibility, they would not be a very nice set of wireless earbuds to buy.
Bluetooth headphones, headsets, and earbuds are built to be compatible with the greatest number of devices feasible since this is the norm for the industry.
Can You Use Beats with MacBook?
Not only is the Beats Flex compatible with your MacBook, but also any set of Beats earbuds or headphones may be used with your computer.
Beats devices, like Apple products, come with complete compatibility with Apple software and hardware.
This enables them to connect to your MacBook, iMac, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPhone without sacrificing any of the device’s original capabilities or quality in the process.
The procedure to connect your Beats to your MacBook is not too complicated and consists of the following steps:
- To begin, you will need to check to see that both of the devices are powered on and prepared for use.
- The next thing you should do is check to see whether your Beats are already associated with another device. You can only have your Beats paired with a single device at a time.
- As soon as you are certain that your Beats headphones are not connected to any other device, switch the Beats headphones to the Bluetooth pairing mode. When you switch them on for the very first time, they will immediately enter the pairing mode for you automatically.
- For Solo Pros, press and hold the “mode” button located on the left earcup until the Solo Pros are in pairing mode. This may be done by pressing the button twice. If you do not hold it down for a sufficient amount of time, the noise-canceling feature of the Solo Pro will be toggled.
- For Studio3 and Solo3 Wireless, keep your finger pressed firmly on the power button for about five seconds. The indicators with the five lights need to flash.
- To set up your Beats Flex, press and hold the power button until the indicator light begins to flash constantly.
- Find the button that’s located on the left earpiece of the Powerbeats and press and hold it until the indicator light starts flashing.
- To use Powerbeats Pro, place the earphones in the carrying case provided. Keep the case lid open and press and hold the button on the inside of the case until the lights on the case start blinking.
- After you have activated the pairing mode on your Beats headphones, bring them close to the Apple device (MacBook, iPhone, iMac, iPad) that you want to connect them to.
- Navigate to the settings menu for Bluetooth on your device.
- It is expected that your Beats will appear on the list of possible devices to connect to. Locate the name of the headphones or earbuds you are using, and then click or touch on it. It may ask for a password. “0000” is the default passcode when connecting Beats to an audio system.
Because Beats are an integral part of the Apple ecosystem, your MacBook or iPhone may recognize them as soon as you switch them on.
You will get a message from your smartphone asking you to connect either your Beats headphones or earbuds.
Simply accept the connection, and the pairing process will begin automatically.
Why Are My Beats Flex Not Connecting to My Mac?
If you are experiencing problems connecting to your iPhone, MacBook, iMac, iPad, or Apple Watch, there are a few troubleshooting actions you may complete before going back to the shop to purchase a replacement. These tasks can be found in the Apple Support Communities.
Make sure your Beats are not paired to another device
At any one moment, Beats may be associated with just a single external device.
Users that have access to a whole network of computers may find this to be a little bit cumbersome.
You may detach your Beats by placing them in pairing mode, turning off their battery, locating the device to which they were linked before, and turning off Bluetooth on that device.
If your Beats headphones have ever been linked to another device in the past, you should probably delete the Bluetooth profile for your Beats headphones from that device.
Earbuds and headphones with Bluetooth connectivity often immediately pair with the device to which they were most recently connected.
You may do this by heading to the menu that is associated with the Bluetooth device on your MacBook.
To access the Beats Bluetooth profile, right-click on it.
After that, choose the “Remove” option from the menu. You may also choose the “X” symbol that is located next to the name of the Bluetooth profile.
You may have more than one audio device attached to your MacBook, which would explain why your Beats headphones or earbuds aren’t producing any sound even if they’re connected properly.
You may fix this issue by going into the menu of your Bluetooth device and disconnecting from any other audio devices that use Bluetooth.
You may skip this step by simply switching the audio output. This will have the same effect.
The “Sound” settings menu on macOS allows you to change the audio output being used.
Either by clicking on the speaker icon that is situated on the taskbar or by accessing “System Preferences” and clicking on the “Sound” option, it is possible to find it.
You will see three different choices at the very top of the “Sound” settings menu.
Select “Output” using the mouse. You will now see a list of the audio output devices that have been connected.
Simply selecting your Beats headphones as the primary audio output by clicking on them will do the trick.
The “Sound” icon that is located on the taskbar is the quickest way to switch between different audio outputs.
You may benefit from using a shortcut if you often move between many different types of electronic gadgets.
You should be able to bring up a list of sounds by holding down the Alt or Option key on your keyboard and navigating to the “Sound” icon.
You are now able to pick audio output and input devices with lightning speed.
Can the Beats Flex connect to Laptop?
As was said before, Beats Flex is not designed to work exclusively with other items manufactured by Apple, even if those other products are also made by Apple.
There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to link your Beats Flex with any laptop that supports Bluetooth.
Keep in mind that older devices (models released before 2008) can have trouble operating with the firmware of your Beats headphones.
To connect your Beats Flex headphones to your laptop, you will first need to put your Beats Flex into “pairing mode” on the headphones themselves.
Because of the potential for this to cause your Beats to try to connect to a variety of other devices, it is recommended that you first disconnect any prior connections and then delete the Bluetooth profile.
After you have put your Beats headphones into the pairing mode, you will need to go to the Bluetooth connections list on your laptop.
When using Windows: The “Settings” section is where you’ll find the list of Bluetooth connections on your device.
Simply press the “Start” button on your keyboard, and then go to the Start menu’s lower-left corner to choose the cog icon.
Now choose the “Devices” option. You ought should see an option labeled “Bluetooth.” Make sure you click on it.
Within the Windows Bluetooth menu, if there are any previously connected devices, you should see a list of them if there are. To add another device, use the “Add another device” option at the very top of the menu.
It will then open a new window and start looking for devices that it can connect to automatically.
Simply choose the Beats by clicking on their names. You ought to be successfully connected to your laptop at this point.
Can I pair my Beats to multiple devices?
Beats headphones are only compatible with one device at a time due to their design.
When you try to connect to many devices at the same time, you can have connectivity problems.
If you wish to use your Beats headphones with a device other than the one that you normally connect them to, all you need to do is disable the Bluetooth function of the device that you normally connect them to, or erase the Bluetooth profile from the device completely.
There is no need to be concerned since Bluetooth profiles are produced mechanically whenever a device is paired with another.
It is not completely lost forever.