With a jute rug, is a rug pad required?
You must use a rug pad with a jute rug, this is the simple answer.
If a jute rug is not specifically labeled as non-slip, then it is likely to be a bit slippery, especially on hardwood floors, laminate floors, vinyl floors, bamboo floors, tile floors, and even on concrete.
The only way to ensure that jute rugs stay in place and prevent accidental slips is to use an appropriate rug pad. Jute rugs are very slippery and tend to move a lot.
There are various types of rug pads available that you can use under a beautiful rug, but I prefer the felt variety.
When it comes to finding the perfect rug pad for your jute rug, you cannot go wrong with the Mohawk Home Felt Rubber All Surface Non-Slip Rug Pad.
Please note that if you are concerned that your jute rug may scratch your hardwood floors, the answer is no. Although jute rugs appear rough, they are not as rough as your pets, which would cause scratches on your hard floors. In other words, it is not necessary to place a rug pad beneath it to prevent slipping.
When it comes to jute rugs, do you need a rug pad?
In what circumstances would I recommend the Mohawk Home Felt Rubber All Surface Non-Slip Rug Pad?
- As it is slip-resistant, your home will not be at risk of accidental slipping accidents
- As it is extremely dense, it adds a layer of cushioning between your foot and the hard surface beneath your jute rug, thus making it more comfortable to walk on
- It consists of a TWO-SIDED rug pad with a fiber side for gripping rug backings, and a rubber side for sticking to hard surfaces without leaving any residue behind.
- 100% felt rubber is used to make this product which is not only non-slip but also durable and tough
- You will not have to worry about it scratching or staining your floors like other cheap rubber rug pads. This rug pad is suitable for almost any type of floor.
- The layer of protection that is added between your jute rug and the floor will increase the lifespan of your floors
- Furthermore, this rug pad will extend the life of your jute rug or any other type of area rug, besides increasing the lifespan of your floors. Rugs can be protected from foot traffic by using a rug protector
- In terms of the rug pads themselves, they are strong and can withstand normal wear and tear. The rug provides excellent protection against exposure to the elements and daily foot traffic since it is covered the rug. It will last for many years to come.
- Pets and children are perfectly safe. Your pets will have a great time playing on or napping on your jute rug since it adds a little more cushion. A Mohawk Home rug pad will make your jute rug a comfortable and safe play mat for your children.
- Easily sized- you can use scissors to cut the rug to the exact size and shape of your jute rug.
- The cat will enjoy scratching the carpet – don’t worry, the fibers will not become loose as a result of this.
- It is compatible with all types of flooring, including carpets
- As a result, the edges of rugs and carpets do not curl
- Budget-friendly and provides excellent value for money
- It is made in the USA and is of the highest quality
Mohawk offers both round and square rug pads. To ensure a perfect fit, it is always best to select a rug shape that corresponds to the shape of the rug.
I am interested in knowing how much the Mohawk Home Rug Pad costs and where I can purchase it.
One of the most popular rug pads on Amazon is the Mohawk Home Rug Pad.
Considering that it is one of the most durable non-slip rug pads available, this is not surprising.
An additional benefit of this rug pad is that it will not discolor or stain your hardwood floors or carpets.
Fortunately, it is available on Amazon for a very reasonable price.
For the current Amazon price, please click here.
I recommend you purchase this rug pad from Amazon, one of the most reputable online retailers.
In doing so, you will be buying an authentic rug pad direct from the manufacturer. This ensures that you will not be purchasing a cheap imitation.
Additionally, Amazon offers this item at an affordable price in comparison with other retailers.
Is the Mohawk Rug Pad worth the investment?
Considering that you are not exactly purchasing it for aesthetic reasons, but instead for reasons of safety, it is worth it.
Jute rugs are known for their slipperiness on hardwood floors, laminate floors, concrete floors, tile floors, and generally, on most floor types.
The fact that they do not have a pure rubber backing can easily lead to them becoming a slippery hazard.
Children, the elderly, and pets are even more at risk.
They still pose a significant hazard, even though you can keep them in place with furniture.
For your safety and the safety of your family, you must install one.
If you are not yet convinced, you may wish to click here to read all the customer reviews on Amazon so you can see what other people have to say about this product.
Questions That Are Typically Asked
1. Will Hardwood Floors Be Damaged by Rugs Made of Jute?
Your jute rug will not leave scratches on your hardwood floors, that much is certain.
These rugs may have a rough appearance, but they are very soft, and as a result, they will not scratch your hardwood floors or the finish that is on them.
To put it another way, jute rugs do not pose any danger when placed on hardwood floors.
2. Does a Jute Rug Require a Pad?
Definitely. If you want to prevent your lovely jute rug from sliding around on the floor, you will need to invest in a rug pad.
3. How Long Do Jute Rugs Typically Last?
Jute is one of the natural fibers that is the strongest, and as a result, it is perfectly capable of withstanding a significant amount of wear and tear.
Nevertheless, jute rugs are prone to wear and tear if they are immersed in water or kept in conditions that are essentially damp for an extended period.
These sturdy fibers can easily deteriorate in a short amount of time if they are subjected to harsh chemicals.
When this rug becomes dirty, all you need to do is give it a quick vacuuming to remove the dust, dirt, and even hairs that have become lodged in the spaces between the weaving.
The fibers will not become damaged by vacuuming.
4. Should the Rug Pad Have the Same Dimensions as the Rug?
When compared to the overall dimensions of your rug, the dimensions of the rug pad that you choose should be slightly smaller.
This occurs for a specific reason;
When there is continuous foot traffic on an area rug, the rug may end up curling at the edges of the rug pad is larger than the area rug or the same size as the area rug.
An area rug with curled edges creates a significant risk of tripping, particularly for female members of the household who typically wear high-heeled shoes.
When the rug is walked on frequently, it may eventually develop frayed edges as a result of the wear and tear.
Rug pads generally come in sizes that are significantly smaller than the rugs they are intended to protect.
This allows the edges of the rug to gradually taper to the floor, which lowers the likelihood that someone will trip over them.
Rug pads of high quality, such as the Mohawk Home Rug Pad, are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Choosing a size that corresponds with the dimensions of your rug is all that is required of you.
If you purchase a rug pad that is too large for your area rug, you can easily cut it down to a more appropriate size.
When Purchasing a Jute Rug, Is a Rug Pad Necessary?
– Bottom Line
When you purchase a jute rug, a rug pad is an absolute necessity. It will help make your jute rug less slippery, it will make your rug more comfortable, it will reduce the amount of wear and tear that your rug experiences, and most importantly, it will protect your floors.
One of the most effective rug pads for jute rugs is made by Mohawk Homjutefibere and is called the Non-Slip Rug Pad. It is inexpensive, long-lasting, and, most importantly, it does not slide around.