Does furniture dent vinyl plank flooring?
This is a question that is asked quite frequently by homeowners who have recently put in luxurious and aesthetically pleasing vinyl plank flooring.
The naked and honest reality is that
Your furniture will, in fact, scratch and dent your vinyl plank flooring, which will make it look unpleasant.
Is it easy to dent flooring made of vinyl planks?
Even though vinyl plank flooring is incredibly long-lasting, waterproof, simple to maintain, and very elegant, major dents can be caused in it by dragging heavy furniture across it. Other benefits of vinyl plank flooring include:
If you are always dragging heavy furniture over your vinyl plank flooring, then you can be sure that your floor is now covered in dents and scratches. If this is the case, you should consider replacing your flooring.
The most disappointing aspect is that after some time has passed, your flooring will begin to show signs of wear and tear, and it will also become less watertight.
The good news is that protecting your lovely vinyl plank flooring from dings and dents doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive.
When I say “high-quality and long-lasting furniture felt pads,” I’m referring to products like the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads, which are among the most popular on the market.
Read more here about how to properly install an area rug over carpet.
How to Protect Vinyl Plank Flooring from Getting Dents
Using high-quality furniture pads, such as the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads, is one of the greatest methods to preserve the beauty of your flooring and maintain its durability, as I have mentioned in a previous section of this article.
Typically, these felt pads take the form of a few little round discs that have a peel-and-stick backing and can be adhered to the legs of your chairs, sofa, and other pieces of furniture.
The primary objective of these items is to establish a sturdy barrier between your furniture and the floor, which will prevent damage to the latter in the form of dents, scratches, and scuffs.
The encouraging thing is that you can put them to work on any kind of floor you want.
You won’t need to buy more felt pads, for instance, even if the flooring in your home office or any other room is different from the flooring in the rest of the house.
Why Do I Advocate the X-PROTECTOR Felt Pads for Furniture and Other Surfaces?
The installation of new vinyl plank flooring can be incredibly pricey to replace.
Why not just take precautions to avoid problems before they even arise?
You have completely protected thanks to the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads.
I do too, and I truly adore them not just because they perform an excellent job of protecting the wood floors in my home, but also because they lessen the noise that is caused by dragging furniture over the floor.
I am positive that you will feel the same way about them.
Listed below are some further arguments in support of the claim that the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads are the best-felt pads for furniture:
- Between your vinyl plank flooring and the furniture, these furniture pads create a barrier that prevents damage such as scratches, dents, and scuffs from occurring.
- They provide excellent protection against damage caused by furniture for all sorts of floors, including laminate, hardwood, tile, and even carpeted floor surfaces.
- They are durable furniture pads of a high grade that will protect your vinyl plank flooring from scuffs and scratches for an extended period.
- Because the pads were constructed to be durable, you won’t have to worry about them becoming worn out for a very long time.
- You are able to put them to use on any variety of furniture, including chairs, office chairs, couches, dining tables, recliners, mattresses, ottomans, cabinets, desktops, electronics, and other objects.
- Sticking these anti-scratch felt pads into the bottoms of your furniture legs is all that’s required to put them to work; they won’t leave any residue behind.
- The brown pads are tailor-made for use on dark furniture and are meant to prevent scratches.
- The beige furniture pads are intended solely for use with the more colourfucolorfules of furniture.
- They come in many different dimensions to choose from.
- Small chairs, plant pots, vases, and other similar things are perfect candidates for the 34-inch felt pads.
- Apply the felt pads measuring 1 inch to the bottoms of the chair and armchair legs.
- Put the felt pads that are 1 inch by 1 inch on the legs of armchairs and coffee tables.
- Make use of the pads that measure 3 inches by 4 inches on bulky pieces of furniture such as beds, recliners, sofas, couches, and dressers.
- If you are unable to acquire pads in the appropriate size, you can simply trim the pads to the dimensions and form that you require.
- Because of these furniture pads, you will never have to worry about your vinyl plank flooring suffering from dings and scratches ever again.
- You may also forget about the infuriating and unsettling screaming that occurs whenever the furniture is dragged across the floor.
- The adhesive on the furniture pads is quite persistent, which enables them to remain securely adhered to your furniture for a considerable amount of time. This ensures that they won’t come off while you are moving your furniture or lifting it.
- This package includes 133 individual furniture pads, and in comparison to its cost, it is both incredibly affordable and reasonable.
- Your vinyl plank flooring and any other flooring surfaces will not be harmed by the use of these furniture pads. Felt is their material, therefore they won’t leave any marks on your floor over time.
- They also do not leave stains, which means that they will not change the color of your vinyl flooring over time.
- Because they are non-toxic, it is perfectly fine to use them in close proximity to infants and other animals.
Read on to find out whether or not you can use a Swiffer on vinyl plank flooring.
What is the price range for the X-PROTECTOR furniture pads, and where can I purchase them?
You will find that the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads are among the most reasonably priced and inexpensive furniture pads that are now available on the market.
It is highly recommended that you get them from Amazon because you may save a large amount of money doing so.
To view the most recent pricing information on Amazon, please click here.
Do the X-Protector Furniture Pads Protect Carpets as Well as Other Surfaces?
You can use these furniture pads on carpets without any problems at all.
On the other hand, the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Sliders are highly recommended by the manufacturer for use on carpets.
The sliders will not only protect your carpet from wear and tear, particularly when rearranging the furniture, but they will also make it simpler and less taxing to move heavy furniture over the carpet.
These furniture sliders are a godsend in libecausesporting large furniture can be an arduous task.
Additionally, bathroom rugs that are safe for use on vinyl flooring
Onto Vinyl Plank Flooring, Is It Possible to Place Heavier Furniture?
You are free to place even heavy furniture on the lovely vinyl plank flooring you have.
However, you should avoid placing the furniture directly on the bare ground because this will damage the surface of the floor.
Because of this, we have suggested that you purchase the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads.
You no longer have to flinch in fear every time a member of your family pulls or moves furniture on your sensitive carpet.
These pads are an ideal option to go for if you want to ensure that your vinyl plank flooring is shielded from the impact of heavy furniture.
How to Prevent Damage to Vinyl Plank Flooring Caused by Wheels of Office Chairs
The X-Protector Furniture Pads should only be used on the legs of furniture because that is their intended purpose.
But what do you put down as a barrier between your flooring and the wheels of office chairs to prevent damage?
The X-PROTECTOR Furniture Caster Cups Premium Rubber Caster Cups are an excellent option, and I would like to offer them to you.
These caster cups will do more than just keep your wheeled furniture from moving across the room. Additionally, they will;
- Your vinyl plank flooring should be protected against any furniture that has wheels, such as office chairs, beds, chairs, couches, pianos, dressers, bedframes, tables, and more.
- It is effective on all sorts of flooring, including carpeted floors, bamboo floors, laminate floors, and hardwood floors.
- Protects against dings and scratches for your vinyl plank flooring.
- Will not discolor or otherwise harm your flooring.
- They have a long life span.
- They are also quite inexpensive and within one’s financial means.
How Can Scratches Be Removed from Vinyl Plank Flooring?
What should you do if your vinyl plank flooring already has some scratches because of furniture?
You do not need to be concerned about anything because it will not be difficult for you to remove these scratches.
I will walk you through the process step-by-step of repairing dents in vinyl plank flooring.
As a result of the fact that I make regular use of the Old English Scratch Remover, that is going to be the sole product that I recommend right now.
The following are some of the advantages offered by the Old English Scratch Remover:
- On your vinyl plank flooring as well as any other kind of wood flooring, it covers up unsightly scratches, dents, and nicks.
- It helps restore wood surfaces, giving them a new and revitalizing appearance in the process.
- Your flooring will be less susceptible to damage as a result of the protective layer that it generates.
- It offers scratch protection that is durable over time.
- If you have notoriously scratchy pets like dogs or cats, this is a wonderful option for you to consider.
To make use of this product, simply apply it to the surface of your vinyl floor that has been scratched.
Be sure to apply a sufficient amount so that the scratches are completely concealed after you’ve done so.
The Old English scratch remover has excellent penetrating power and will effectively conceal even the smallest of scratches.
After the scratch remover has had a chance to dry, you can apply the finish of your choosing using any furniture polish.
Note that the Old English Scratch remover is only suitable for use in repairing very light scratches on the surface of your flooring. It will not be sufficient to fill up severe scratches.
Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?- Bottom Line
Your vinyl plank flooring is susceptible to denting if you have heavy furniture.
Use the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Felt Pads to avoid damaging your pricey flooring with scuffs, dents, and nicks by protecting it with the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Felt Pads.
I am all too familiar with how scratches can make your floor appear cluttered, not to mention how they can make it more susceptible to harm from water.
It is my sincere hope that you are now aware of how to prevent dents and scratches from occurring in your vinyl plank flooring.