Our iPhones are essentially extensions of ourselves today. Among the digital information stored on them are important to work files, precious photographs, contacts, random information, and any other data that you wish to store.
Your iPhone backs up some of your data; however, it has a limitation on the amount of data it can store.
We will now discuss how to back up your phone even when your storage is full.
When the storage on my iPhone is full, how do I backup it?
Your iPhone storage can be full if you’re attempting to backup it to a Cloud service. You can remove extraneous files from your Cloud to free up space, or you can usually purchase additional storage for a small fee. You will need space to backup your iPhone regardless of your Cloud service.
Even though several services and applications claim to offer solutions to storage issues, it is best to start with Apple’s services.
iCloud and iTunes can be utilized to back up your phone’s settings, applications, messages, contacts, photos, and videos.
Let’s examine it more closely.
Using iCloud for backup
It is a feature of iPhones that automatically backs up data, but you must first enable it.
To accomplish this, you should:
- Ensure that your phone is connected to a wireless network
- Tap on your name to open the settings menu, then tap on iCloud and select “Manage Storage” before selecting “Backups”
- If you do not have your iCloud backup turned on, click the switch to enable it
- Click on “Back Up Now” after verifying that your Internet connection is still active.
- After this is completed, you can verify how much data you have backed up by tapping Settings, then iCloud, then go to Storage, tap on Manage Storage, and then click on your device. Here you can view all your recent backups.
Apple allows you to back up up to five gigabytes of data.
The next time you attempt to back up additional data, you will receive an error message. There will be a monthly charge for additional space, depending on how big you want it.
As an example, if you require an additional 50GB of storage, you will be charged 99 cents per month.
With a monthly subscription of $2.99, you will receive 200GB of storage space. Furthermore, you will receive 2TB of additional storage space for a monthly fee of $9.99.
You may also share your iCloud storage plan with up to five other members of your family.
You must take advantage of this option if you want to purchase larger storage plans, such as 200GB or 2TB.
Having shared storage space does not imply that everyone will have access to your data, but rather, each individual will be able to maintain their privacy and use their iCloud accounts – just as if they had their account with iCloud.
A family storage plan can be managed by one individual, but the space is shared by all.
To establish a family storage plan:
- Click on your name in the settings section, then select Family Sharing from the drop-down menu
- Select the amount of space that you wish to make available for your family. You may choose from 200GB or 2TB of storage space
- To add your family members to the plan, simply click on “Add Member”. Their names will appear on the plan if they accept the invitations they receive by text message.
- Additionally, you may select other benefits for your family, such as group purchases from the app store.
Apple allows you to purchase up to 4TB of storage.
Once you reach this limit, you will have to discuss among yourselves who should have their space limited or who should opt-out of the plan.
Using iTunes to back up
iTunes is also capable of backing up your data.
To accomplish this, you must have an iTunes-equipped computer (either a Mac or Windows computer).
If this is the case, you must connect your iPhone to the computer via Wi-Fi or a USB connection.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- You should open iTunes on your computer.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the computer.
- Tap the “Back Up Now” button when you are on the summary page, then click File, then Devices.
Furthermore, you can use iTunes to back up your phone’s application data, text messages, videos, and photos.
It is also free to backup your iTunes library.
Only the following points should be noted:
- It is recommended that you perform iTunes backup manually to ensure a successful operation. If it is done automatically, it will consume a significant amount of your network bandwiYour backup will take up a significant amount of hard drive space on your computer. hard drive storage space for your backup. When videos and photos are included in the backup, this is crucial.
- Backing up your computer may also be necessary to safeguard your data. The reason for this is that, when you make an iTunes backup, you are simply transferring your data from one device to another, which could also become damaged.
- If you wish to use your iPhone with your computer, you will need to install suitable drivers. A copy of your photos from your computer to your iPhone cannot be performed without this procedure.
Using other online storage options to back up your iPhone
Some applications are available on your device that allows you to backup your data to Apple’s cloud in addition to the services provided by Apple.
Generally, these applications are significantly less expensive than iCloud and allow you to switch from Apple to Android if you do not intend to remain loyal to the company.
Other online storage options, such as Dropbox and Google Drive, will not allow you to back up some of the data that you usually back up, such as text messages, applications, application data, settings, voicemails, etc.
On the other hand, you will have the ability to back up your videos, photos, and contacts.
These online storage options are useful for people who have a great deal of data to back up since they are more affordable than iCloud. iCloud is used for all other types of data.
Furthermore, if your iTunes backup storage space is full, these options may be useful.
Additionally, these applications allow you to access your data from any device, provided you have an active internet connection.
With the service’s iPhone application or online tool, you can easily share your data with others.
In addition to uploading data from your computer, you can view it on your smartphone.
It is usually necessary to upload data manually when using a computer.
If you are connected to a wireless network, you can set your iPhone to upload this data automatically.
The following are some of the options available for online storage:
- Drive for Google
- with Amazon Cloud Storage
Here are the steps for backing up your iPhone using Google Drive
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to a WiFi network.
- If you do not already have a Google account, you will need to create one.
- Get the Google Drive app from your Apple Store and install it on your iPhone.
- Click the hamburger menu in the top left of the app. Once the hamburger menu appears, open the app.
- Lastly, choose Settings (the gear icon) and then choose “Backup.”
- To begin the backup process, tap “Start Backup.”
Backups of your data using Google Drive have the following advantages:
- Google offers a free 15GB extra storage option for users who run out of space. We allow you to keep all of your photos and videos in our database for as long as you wish.
- With Google Drive, it is easy to move to an Android device in the future.
- Additionally, you may access your data on non-Apple devices at your convenience. In this regard, you can transfer files from a computer to a laptop.
Do you have the option of storing your iMessages on Google Drive?
It is possible to do so. The Google Drive app allows you to backup your iMessages and WhatsApp messages by selecting Advanced Settings, then selecting “Backup settings.” Choose SMS to back up your messages, and you can do the same for WhatsApp messages.
Save your data by clicking on the back button and you are all set.
A guide to backing up your iPhone with OneDrive
You can back up your photos and videos to OneDrive’s cloud service.
OneDrive must first be downloaded from the Apple Store, similarly to Google Drive.
Log in to the application using your Microsoft account and ensure that the Wi-Fi network is active.
You can access the settings on the app by clicking the gear icon, and then clicking the Camera Upload button.
The automatic upload of your photos and videos can be enabled by tapping on the toggle switch.
Please remember to select “Include Videos” on the same page to ensure that your videos are also uploaded.
Using Amazon Cloud Drive to backup your iPhone
- Log in to your Amazon account by visiting the website. Create an account if you do not already have one.
- Next, download the Amazon Cloud Drive app from the Apple App Store and launch it.
- Once the program has been launched, you will be prompted to sign in and set up your account. Tap on the “Menu” button in the app, then select “Settings” from the menu.
- Activate “Auto-Save” by selecting it from the menu.
- Check the boxes corresponding to the data you want to backup, i.e., your videos and photos.
- Now that your data has been backed up, it will happen automatically.
Your family and friends will be able to share 5GB of free storage with Amazon Cloud Drive.
You will be required to pay an annual subscription fee when your usage reaches this limit of 100GB or $59.99 for a 1TB plan.
If your iPhone is running out of space, there are many options available to you.
The fact that iCloud and iTunes allow you to backup every part of your data, including messages, applications, data, settings, and voicemail, makes them ideal for this purpose.
You can also use other online services such as Google Drive if your video or image files are large.