The AirPods are one of Apple’s most revolutionary products.
You can stream audio or video to any of your devices using these products. It may be one of your iOS devices, Apple Watches, iPods, Macs, or even devices that run on Android.
The above figure does not include cords. It may be necessary, on occasion, to upgrade to a better version of the AirPods. The old AirPods may be kept as spares or may be presented as a gift to a friend.
What is the process of changing ownership of AirPods? Considering they connect remotely to your phone, this is a good question.
Here are the results of my digging.
How do I change the ownership of my Airpods?
If you wish to change the ownership of your Airpods, you must reset them and remove them from your Apple ID. This allows someone else to use them and be in full control, but they cannot be paired to both Apple IDs concurrently.
Before giving someone else Airpods, you should probably clean them.
The initial problem would be the pairing process. It would be both of you paired and unpaired simultaneously.
A user’s AirPods will appear as “A person’s AirPods” on the devices list when the individual uses them. This will only appear n the device list.
If person B takes AirPods belonging to person A and uses them on their device, they will be renamed “B person’s AirPods.” The AirPods will still function correctly for person B.
It appears that a problem arises when both AirPods are listed on person A’s devices list at the same time.
Person A must pair their device again to use them.
The back and forth exchange becomes exhausting and time-consuming.
You will need to unpair your AirPods completely before lending or gifting them.
How Can I Reset My AirPods?
AirPods are automatically connected to your Apple ID when they are first plugged into your iPhone.
Due to this, you do not need to pair your AirPods with any of your Apple devices. They will automatically pair with your Mac, iPad, or Apple Watch.
Cloud syncing facilitates this process.
You will be able to find your AirPods in the AirPlay menu on your device.
If you are using any of these devices, you will need to select them.
It is possible to remove AirPods from your Apple ID account since they are closely associated with your account.
This procedure is as easy as pairing them in the first place.
When you unpair your AirPods, they will be removed from all your devices.
It is as good as new at this point. The procedure is the same for all Apple products.
Following are the steps you should take when resetting your computer:
1. The AirPods must be in the case when resetting.
When the procedure is performed, the lid should be closed. You should leave the AirPods in the case for about a minute. The case can be opened after that.
2. Select Bluetooth from the settings.
You can then select the paired devices from the list. Among the listed devices should be your AirPods.
3. Click the “i” next to your devices.
Choose the option to unpair your AirPods from your devices when you are shown several options, including “Forget this device.”
4. Find the small button at the back of the case while the lid is still open.
The button should be pressed and held for about 12 seconds. The status of the case will be indicated by a blinking amber color. The button can now be released as the unpairing has been completed successfully.
It is possible to unpair your AirPods from your device whether they are currently connected or not.
Your Apple account will be purged of the earbuds.
It is also possible to check if the unpairing was successful.
You can do this by opening the Find My App application.
You can find a list of all your devices there. The AirPods should not appear on this list.
When it comes to AirPods, there is an odd problem.
They automatically name themselves when you pair them with your device for the first time.
You may call them, for example, “John’s AirPods.” Even after unpairing the AirPods, they retain their name.
Before giving someone AirPods, it would be best to rename them.
How Can You Rename Your Airpods Pro and Change Other Settings?
Like your AirPods Max, your AirPods Pro has similar settings.
- The case should be opened.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and select Bluetooth
- You can find your AirPods Pro in the list of devices by clicking the “i” next to it.
- There are several options you can select from that option:
- You can change your device’s name by clicking the current name, entering a new name, and tapping “done”
- Your AirPods Pro’s noise control button allows you to choose between different modes. You can only use this feature with iOS 14.3 and higher. A checkbox appears as soon as you select a certain mode.
- The automatic head detection can also be switched on or off. It is also only available for iOS 14.3 or later. If the Automatic Head detection is enabled, Your AirPods Max might detect when they are on your head. Your phone plays audio from the device, which turns off once you remove it.
- Your microphone can be positioned as desired. If you wish, it can always be to the left, always to the right, or always to the automatic setting. This can be accomplished by tapping the microphone and selecting the desired option. AirPods may be used as microphones when set to automatic. One of them will be used at a time.
- This setting also allows you to unpair your AirPods. A memory option appears when you tap it.
How to rename and change other settings on your AirPods (first and second generation)?
While using these AirPods, leave the case open while inputting both AirPods into your ears. By clicking the “i” next to your AirPods in the list of devices, you can:
- Your device’s name can be changed
- As well as what double-tap does. The options include left and right.
- Select always left, always right, or automatic.
- remove your AirPods from your device.
How Do You Clean Your AirPods Before Giving Them Away?
You are being kind by cleaning your AirPods. This demonstrates your consideration for the person receiving the gift. The wax buildup explains the problem. AirPods get grimy over time due to continual use. It might be a good idea to clean them before using them.
It is recommended that the surfaces be cleaned with pure alcohol. The grilles of the AirPods should also be cleaned. The wax on the surface should be removed using Blu-Tack. Apple uses the same procedure for returning AirPods.
You will eventually need to upgrade your AirPods. You are left with your older AirPods and are not sure what to do with them. You may keep them as spares in case you lose your new set.
You may, however, choose to gift the products to a family member or close friend. The AirPods must be unpaired from your iCloud account so that the other party can easily use them.
You should also clean them. It is the perfect time of year to brighten someone’s day as the holidays are approaching.