Chromecast is the best way to mirror your mobile content to your big screen if you don’t own a smart television. The Chromecast application is compatible not only with mobile phones, but with other types of devices, including tablets.
If you use Chromecast, you have the ability to send content such as videos or pictures from your computer to your television and watch them. You will need a mobile hotspot to use Chromecast without Wi-Fi if you don’t have Wi-Fi.
Throughout this article, we will explore how to connect Chromecast to a mobile hotspot.
Connect Chromecast to a mobile hotspot using a Wi-Fi router
Using your mobile phone internet, you can connect the Chromecast to the internet via a wireless router. While this may seem complicated, the method works well.
This will be accomplished by tricking Chromecast to connect to your hotspot on your phone. Please read the instructions on how to accomplish this carefully.
- WiFi routers do not require an Internet connection.
- Chromecast should be able to connect to the router WONCE only.
- Wi-Fi router SSID and password should be known.
Now, if you have a wireless router, follow the steps below.
- The Chromecast should be connected to the router via Wi-Fi.
- Create a Hotspot on your phone with the SAME NAME AND PASSWORD as the router. (if you do not know how to set up a mobile hotspot in your phone, instructions are given below)
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is turned off now.
- On the mobile phone, turn on the mobile hotspot you created.
- Cast to Chromecast using the Google Home app.
When you connect to a mobile hotspot, Chromecast will automatically connect. The SSID and password on your phone are the same as the router’s, so it’ll connect to the mobile hotspot. Otherwise, your Chromecast won’t be able to see the mobile hotspot you set up.
Connecting Chromecast to a mobile hotspot using a secondary device
You can connect your phone and Chromecast to your secondary device that can make hotspots. The device can be anything from a phone to a tablet to a laptop. To use, just use your secondary device to create a hotspot, and then connect your Chromecast and your mobile phone.
Setting up a hotspot on your mobile device.
Your phone, tablet, or laptop can be set up to serve as a hotspot. You can name your network whatever you like and set up a password. Hotspots, which are created using your mobile device, act as wireless routers.
If you turn on mobile data, the devices connected to the hotspot will use your mobile data. The mobile hotspot supports nearly 10 devices at once, and adding more devices to the hotspot will slow down the connection. You’ll learn how to make your phone a hotspot.
Android devices feature:
- Choose Settings > Connections.
- Select the Mobile Hotspot option.
- Click on the tab to access the options
- Select the configure button to edit the name and default password.
- The hotspot will be enabled once you click on “save.”
When you connect to an Apple device, the hotspot gets the name of the device. Then you have to change the name of the iPhone if you want the Hotspot name to change. You can however change the password in the settings.
For Apple devices, turn on hotspot
- Select Cellular in Settings.
- Choose Personal hotspot.
- Click on the Wi-Fi password and change it.
- To turn on the Hotspot, select “Allow others to join”.
Hotspot name change (name change for iPhone)
- Go to the Settings > General page
- Visit about.
- Tap on the name,
- You can change the name or clear it. After that, tap done.