Mobile gaming is becoming increasingly popular. Many individuals prefer to play mobile games instead of purchasing a console or an expensive gaming system. With the rise in popularity of mobile games, phone companies have expanded the capabilities of their devices in order to better the mobile gaming experience.
One such expansion will be discussed in this article. We’ll go over how to hook up a PS4 controller to an iPhone.
What are the benefits of connecting your PS4 controller to your iPhone?
The controls are one of the most prevalent and aggravating flaws in mobile gaming. The majority of the controls in a mobile game are on your touch screen. Some games become difficult to play as a result of this, and your range of view is limited when you press those buttons.
It’s also difficult to make delicate movements using the touch screen. You may simply circumvent these obstacles and play games by adding a wireless controller.
Unfortunately, these controllers do not support all games. Furthermore, there is no indication about controller support while downloading games from the app store. The only method to determine whether or not a game supports controllers is to attach the controller and play the game.
How to use Bluetooth to link a PS4 controller to an iPhone
Bluetooth pairing is possible with PS4 controllers. As a result, we employ the Bluetooth pairing method to link the iPhone to the PS4 controller. To do so, first switch on Bluetooth on your iPhone, and then link the controller with it. ToGo to Settings > Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth on your iPhone..
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Go to Bluetooth after that.
- Turn on Bluetooth now.
When your phone is turned on, you should see a little Bluetooth symbol in the status bar.
To begin connecting, keep your controller close to the iPhone after turning on Bluetooth.
Turn your PS4 Controller on now. It is not necessary to switch on the PS4 console; simply turning on the PS4 controller will suffice. After turning on the PS4 Controller, follow the steps below.
- At the same time, press and hold the “PlayStation” and “Share” buttons. The PlayStation button with the PS4 logo is in the center of the joysticks, while the share button is on the top left of the controller.
- The lighting on your controller will begin to blink after around 5 seconds, indicating that it is now ready to be associated with your iPhone.
- Now go to Settings->Bluetooth on your iPhone. You’ll find a list of linked devices with your iPhone under this section. The controller’s name should be something like “Wireless controller” and appear under “Other devices.” By clicking on it, you may choose it.
- If the connection was successful, the controller’s name should now appear under “My devices,” along with the word “connected.”
Now you can check if the game you wish to play on the iPhone works with the controller by opening it. It’s possible that you won’t need to change any other settings.
While your iPhone is linked to the controller, other Bluetooth devices, such as air pods, may have problems connecting to the iPhone. If you have any problems with other Bluetooth-connected devices while using the controller, unplug them and reconnect them.
How can I link my PlayStation 4 controllers to my Apple iPad?
PS4 controllers may also be used with various Apple devices. PS4 controllers can be connected to iPads and Apple TVs in the same way they can be connected to iPhones. To connect the controller to the apple device, you must first switch on Bluetooth on the device.
Bluetooth may be enabled on the iPad by navigating to settings->Bluetooth. On Apple TV, go to Settings> remote and devices> Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth. The controller will be visible to the Apple device when you switch on Bluetooth, and you may connect to it.
The following is a list of controllers that may be used with Apple devices.
Many different types of PS4 and Xbox controllers may be used with Apple devices; here is a list of them.
- Adaptive Controller for Xbox
- Series 2 of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
- Bluetooth Xbox Wireless Controller (Model 1708)
- PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller Xbox Wireless Controller Series S and Series X
- Wireless DualShock 4 Controller for PlayStation
Other MFi Bluetooth controllers that support Apple devices can be connected in addition to these well-known controllers.
Here are a few things to examine if your controller does not perform as intended after connecting it to the iPhone or if you are unable to connect it to the iPhone.
- Before you try to link your controller with your iPhone, make sure it’s not connected to your PS4 console.
- Remove the controller from the iPhone and reconnect it.
- If your iPhone is unable to locate the device, switch off and on Bluetooth, then repeat the connection.
- Disconnect any Bluetooth devices that are currently linked to your iPhone. Then try pairing the controller once again.
- Make sure your controller’s firmware is up to date.
- When the controller is linked to the iPhone, certain of the controller’s functionalities are disabled. (For example, an audio jack)
Other types of iPhone controllers
Aside from the console controllers, there are a few additional unique iPhone controllers. These controllers are not made by Apple, but if you want to buy one for your iPhone or other Apple device, you may test one of these out.
Wired Game Controller Rotor Riot
This is an iPhone game controller with a wired connection. This controller connects to the iPhone through a lightning connector, in addition to Bluetooth. One of the most appealing features of this controller is that the connection is steady, and you will experience zero latency when using it.
Furthermore, these controllers do not require charging. They are iPhone-powered and consume less electricity. One of these controllers costs around $50 and may be purchased directly from Apple’s website.
Kishi Razor for iPhone
This controller is a small, portable controller made just for the iPhone.You may play while holding the phone in your hand if you connect the controller to the iPhone. This provides you a Gameboy-like experience and is incredibly simple to use.
This gadget is likewise lightning-connected to the iPhone and has extremely low latency. It is lighter in weight and has a smooth surface, making it ideal for gaming.