You’ve come to the right place if you’re seeking a way to “link two AirPods to one iPhone.” This may be used for a variety of things, including watching the same TV show on Apple TV or Netflix or listening to the same playlist on Apple Music or Spotify.
You’ll need a pair of compatible headphones as well as an iPhone that is both compatible to use two AirPods on the same iPhone. iPhones running iOS 8 or later are compatible
How to Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone: A Step-by-Step Guide
Pairing your AirPods and iPhone is straightforward once you’ve double-checked that they’re both compatible. The following is a simple technique for connecting the second pair of AirPods.
- Go to the Home screen on your iPhone.
- It’s time to take your AirPods or AirPods Pro out of their case. Remove your AirPods from their smart cases and position them in close proximity to your iPhone for 60 seconds.
- There will be an animation for the setup.
- Select “Connect” from the drop-down menu.
- To accomplish the work, read the screens and follow the on-screen prompts.
- To complete the process, click “Done.”
- The AirPods will be set up automatically on any device that is linked to the owner’s iCloud account.
- Both sets of AirPods should be shown in the device menu if you go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone.
Listening to the Same Music with Two Pairs of AirPods
When you connect two AirPods to your iPhone, it’s easy for someone else to listen in on what you’re doing on your phone.
By connecting your iPhone to a friend’s iPhone or utilising any AirPlay menu, you can control the audio output.
Pairing by hand
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open the control centre on your iPhone. On an iPhone without a home button, you must swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- To make the “Now Playing” widget larger, press and hold it for a few seconds.
- Hold down the AirPlay button.
- There will be a new window open. This will provide a list of all currently available devices. The current output device will be your AirPods, which will be chosen by the system. Your set will be followed by the second.
- It’s time to click the empty checkmark icon next to the second set of AirPods.
- Both pairs of AirPods will now be able to receive audio.
You can choose to manage the volume of each AirPod independently or collectively. By dragging the volume slider bar at the bottom of the widget up or down, you can alter the volume as a pair.
If you only want to change the volume on one pair of AirPods, slide the volume slider bar situated beneath the names of the individual AirPods.
Pairing based on proximity
Bluetooth 5.0-enabled devices are the only ones that can use this feature. This capability is currently supported by any iPhone 8 or later running iOS 13 or later.
- You can borrow a friend’s iPhone and put it on top of your own.
- Your iPhone will prompt you with a pop-up option. And it will ask if you want to share your iPhone’s audio with your friend’s AirPods.
- From the drop-down box, select “Share Audio.”
- Before proceeding, your friend will need to confirm this action on their iPhone. To begin sharing audio, have your friend click the “Confirm” button.
- You can use both of your AirPods at the same time in the AirPlay menu. The playback and volume can both be controlled from this menu.
How Do I Turn Off Audio Sharing on My iPhone?
- Make your way to the command center.
- By tapping on the tiny check icon next to the AirPods with whom you no longer want to exchange audio, you may remove them from the list.
If you and your friends or family members all have Apple AirPods, you may find yourself wanting to listen to the same song at the same time on multiple occasions.
Furthermore, while you can play the same music track on each of your phones manually, Apple provides a far more straightforward method. Thankfully, the AirPods have an audio sharing feature that may be used.
If you’ve read all of the information on how to connect two Apple AirPods to one phone at the same time that we’ve supplied you with thus far, it shouldn’t be difficult for you to do so now.