It is frustrating to lose power while working on your laptop when doing something important. Fortunately, if you own a high-quality laptop, all you will have to do is charge it, and you will be up and running again.
If, however, your computer does not charge despite being connected to a power source, what can you do? It can become quite disconcerting when your laptop cannot hold power for an extended period of time, forcing you to use it as a desktop. Whenever this happens, you should act fast and take appropriate measures to restore your laptop to its original state, thus preventing you from experiencing much stress.
Your laptop may not charge due to a number of factors. According to their severity, these factors can be classified. A minor issue can often be resolved at home, while more serious problems will require the help of a professional. In this article, we will take a look at these cases, symptoms, and how to best deal with them.You can diagnose and fix issues with your laptop’s charging by following these steps..
Troubleshooting the hardware on your laptop
When you become aware of this problem, the first thing you need to check is the connection between your laptop and its charger. If something has slipped out of position in the network without your knowledge, then this procedure is critical, especially if there is a problem with the network.
In troubleshooting your laptop’s hardware, here is what you should do and what you need to watch out for:
- In the first instance, check for any loose or disconnected cables. Are you sure the AC adapter brick is securely connected? In such a case, it is imperative to ensure that the battery is properly inserted into the battery compartment. Non-removable batteries are excluded from this rule. It is important to examine the point at which the battery connects to the laptop. Inspect the terminals to determine whether they are functioning properly.
- Identify if there are any breaks or kinks in your power connector. Turn it off and start moving your fingers smoothly along it. Look for any damaged connections at the connector’s ends.
- In the event that you are finished with the connector, you can proceed to examine your laptop’s AC adapter. To diagnose an adapter, it is easiest to use it on another computer or device that is close to you. The adapter must be incompatible with the other computer or device. In the event that this method is unsuccessful, your charger might be the source of the problem.
It is fortunately easy and inexpensive to purchase full chargers, power connectors, or adapters. The cable you require can be ordered online and delivered to your home.
The laptop should be reset by powering it off
In spite of its cliche nature, turning it on and off again might be the solution to your problem. When you turn off your laptop for a brief period and turn it back on, the memory is cleared. This can prove useful in fixing a laptop’s battery problem. Here is how you can do it:
- Restart your computer after shutting it down completely. The computer should be completely silent.
- Detach the power cable from the computer.
- If your computer is equipped with a removable battery, remove it.
- Holding the power button for approximately 15 seconds and then releasing it is the proper procedure.
- Place the battery back in the battery compartment. The battery should be securely fastened.
- The power cable should be connected.
- Check the battery status and turn on the laptop.
There is a possibility that this method will work perfectly and resolve your problem completely. However, if it fails, you may try the following options.
Ensure that your drivers are up-to-date
Most charging issues result from the incorrect use of battery device drivers or from old or expired drivers. You should update your driver as soon as possible if you suspect that it is the cause of the problem.
You can use software that will automatically update all your computer’s drivers if you do not have the time to manually search for the appropriate drivers. The software recognizes the operating system of your computer and finds the appropriate drivers.
Such software can help you save a great deal of time since you do not need to know the operating system your computer uses, and you do not need to download and install drivers through trial and error. Such software leaves little room for errors or omissions.
It may be necessary to try another solution if your battery icon is missing.
The following steps should be followed to use the driver installation software:
- The software must be downloaded and installed
- In the pop-up window that appears after the download is complete, click un’.
- Upon completion of the installation, enable the software to fully scan your computer.
- The list of drivers that need to be repaired or updated will be provided to you. If the battery driver needs to be updated, select this option. It is also possible to update all drivers that require attention by selecting the option ‘update all’.
The most popular software applications for updating drivers include Driver Booster, Driver Genius, Smart Driver Updater, Driver Support, and Driver Reviver.
Your laptop’s BIOS should be updated
Your laptop’s BIOS may need to be updated if the problem still persists. BIOS is the short form for Basic Input/Output System. In your laptop, your BIOS controls the connection between the hardware and the operating system.
The BIOS system in your laptop can be faulty, resulting in a variety of technical issues including the inability to charge the batteries. Therefore, you can update the BIOS of your laptop to fix its battery.
Your laptop’s brand will determine how you update its BIOS. As an example, you can download the latest BIOS update for a HP laptop by visiting the HP official website. The update can then be applied to your laptop. Instructions for updating your laptop’s BIOS are generally located on the brand company’s website.
In the event that this does not solve your problem, your problem may be more complicated than it appears.
Call our technical support team for assistance with your laptop
When you have tried all the above methods and you are still experiencing the same issue, it is time to seek professional assistance. You should also keep in mind that some laptops will have unique problems that can only be resolved by their manufacturer. Try contacting these manufacturers as soon as possible in order to determine whether they can provide any assistance.
If you purchase a high-end gaming computer, you will have more access to technical support than if you purchase a simple laptop.
A number of manufacturers have technical support departments that can help you restore your laptop to its original state over the telephone. The nearest manufacturer’s outlet can also provide more thorough service for your laptop. In addition to repairing the battery physically, this procedure will also restore the computer’s optimum functioning.
Over the course of their useful lives, most laptop owners are likely to encounter several issues with their machines. Several of these issues can be resolved easily while others require a more comprehensive approach.
These simple quick-fix solutions may help you resolve problems relating to chargers and batteries, such as errors such as “Plugged in not charging”. It is sometimes better to consult a professional if all else fails.
In the event that none of these are working, it is likely that your laptop has been damaged and you will need to either fix it or purchase a replacement. However, you should ensure that you purchase your laptop at the right time to save some money.