Would you like to know if you are getting an ‘Unable to Save Download’ error message whenever you try to update Minecraft?
Minecraft is one of the most popular video game titles for children and adults alike. Every now and then, Mojang releases updates for the game in order to improve its performance and keep it optimized.
There may be problems however if you are unable to update the game, which is intended to improve the game and not cause users to encounter update bugs or error messages.
A ‘Unable to Save Download’ error message, such as the one that appears on Minecraft, can be the result of improper permissions, outdated Java software, or an overprotective firewall or antivirus which prevents the program from accessing the internet.
As a result, we will demonstrate some methods that you can use on your computer to fix this type of problem on Minecraft.
1. The computer should be restarted.
If you are experiencing an update problem on Minecraft, you may wonder what an easy restart can do.
By restarting your computer, you ensure that all the resources that failed to load the first time you opened your computer are reloaded.
Follow the steps below to restart your computer correctly.
- You can open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- From there, you can select the Power menu by clicking the Power button.
- After clicking on Restart, the process will begin.
After restarting your computer, go back to Minecraft and try updating the game again to see if the ‘Unable to Save Download’ error has been resolved.
Nevertheless, if you are still having difficulty updating Minecraft on your computer, you may wish to consider trying the next method below.
2. Make sure that you are running Minecraft as an administrator.
Minecraft would need permission to store update files on your hard drive in order to download updates. The update may be unsuccessful, however, if Minecraft lacks these permissions.
It is possible to fix this problem by running the application as an administrator, thereby granting it full administrative privileges on your system. Please follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Right-click the Minecraft icon on your computer.
- Click on the Properties button.
3. Click the Compatibility tab within Properties.
4. Last but not least, check the box next to the option ‘Run this program as an administrator’. Once the changes have been saved, click on OK.
After this process has been completed, launch the Minecraft app once again and try to update the game in order to determine whether the ‘Unable to Save Download’ error still occurs.
3. Make sure Java is updated.
To resolve the issue with the next method, you can try updating the Java software on your computer, which is necessary for Minecraft to run on your computer. Check out the steps below in order to update the Java installation package on your computer.
- By pressing the Windows Key + S on your keyboard, you can search for Java on your computer.
- To configure Java, click on the Configure Java icon.
- To complete the process, click on the Update tab and select Update Now.
Try updating the Minecraft app again once you have updated Java on your computer to determine if the error message has already been corrected.
If, however, the ‘Unable to Save Downloads’ message still appears after updating Minecraft, you can choose to try the next method below to attempt to resolve the issue.
4. Deactivate third-party antivirus software.
The process of updating Minecraft can consume a considerable amount of bandwidth. Due to the high bandwidth usage of the Minecraft app, this can pose a problem if you are using third-party antivirus software. It may mistakenly flag the Minecraft application as a suspicious program.
As a result, your antivirus blocks any communication from the app with your internet, preventing the update from taking place. If you do not want to encounter this problem, you can try disabling your antivirus software first.
As soon as you have completed this process, you may activate your antivirus software again or you may uninstall it completely and use only Windows Defender. In addition to keeping malware and viruses from harming your computer, Windows Defender is an excellent default option to use.
5. Disable Windows Firewall.
Just like the scenario above, it is possible that the Windows Firewall is restricting the internet connection for the Minecraft app since it uses a lot of internet bandwidth. If your firewall blocks the internet for Minecraft, then it won’t be able to connect to the servers to download the update.
To fix this, you can try disabling Windows Firewall temporarily while downloading the update on your computer.
- Press on Windows Key + S on your keyboard and search for Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Open to launch the Windows Defender Firewall menu.
3. You should then select Turn Windows Defender On or Off from the side menu.
4. To save the changes, choose Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall and then click OK.
Try updating Minecraft once again after disabling your firewall to see if the error has already been corrected on your computer.
6. Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft.
If none of the methods above were successful in resolving the update issue on Minecraft, the final thing you can do is to reinstall the entire game. This way, you can ensure that you have a fresh and fully functional copy of Minecraft by installing the latest version of the software.
To achieve this, you can follow the steps below for guidance.
- Open the Run Command Box by pressing the Windows key and R simultaneously on your computer.
- Once that has been done, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Now scroll down to find Minecraft on your computer’s list of installed programs.
- Finally, select Uninstall from the right-click menu. The program will be eliminated from your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
Once this has been accomplished, go to the Minecraft official website and download the latest version of the game. Your computer will now be able to play Minecraft version 1.10.2.
The following instructions will assist you in fixing the Minecraft ‘Unable to Save Download’ error message. Feel free to share any other solutions that you have found to be useful below, and we will give you a shoutout as well as a credit to your name the next time this post is updated