You are not alone in trying to figure out “how to get weather notifications on iPhone and Android.” That’s because getting automated weather warnings on your phone, such as those given by the Google app, can be handy. However, you may wish to set up notifications for when the temperature outdoors reaches a specific level or when certain weather conditions, such as rain or storms, are present.
Setting automated notifications at the temperature thresholds you specify makes it easy to skip the bother of monitoring the weather app on your phone.
What kind of weather notifications are available for your smartphone?
Depending on the app you’re using and where you reside, you’ll receive different types of weather notifications. You will, however, receive regular alerts the majority of the time. There are a slew of weather warnings on the way, from heavy rain and thunderstorms to tornado watches and dense fog. This is a basic rule of thumb: any circumstance that jeopardizes one’s reputation, livelihood, or social life is likely to be labeled as a major red signal.
What Is the Best Way to Get Weather Alerts on My Android Phone?
Step 1: Look for the Custom Weather Alerts app on the Google Play Store.
Step 2: When you open the app for the first time, it will give you a quick introduction to the app’s features. Continue to press the Next button until all of the tips have been read.
Step 3: There will be three tabs in the app: one for weather, one for alarms, and one for settings. Under the Settings menu, you can choose the area where you want the app to check the weather for you. Additionally, you have the option of utilizing GPS to pinpoint the exact location. You may also choose the display units that you want to use.
Step 4: Select the Alarms tab and click the floating symbol to create an alarm. An alarm symbol with a plus sign will appear after hitting the button.
Step 5: On the screen, a pop-up menu will display. You may choose to get notified of a certain temperature or a range of meteorological conditions, such as rain, storms, snow, or cloudiness.
Step 6: A pop-up box will display when you choose an item, such as the temperature, inviting you to further personalize your alarm. You may select a certain temperature for your alarm to ring at using the slider. You can opt to get notified when the temperature drops below a given level or increases over a certain threshold. You will also be able to select the event’s date and hour.
Step 7: Finish the procedure by typing a description for the alert and pressing the “Add Alarm” button.
What Is the Best Way to Get Weather Alerts on Your iPhone?
- Step 1: Go to the App Store and search for the Custom Weather Alerts app in the search area.
- Step 2: After you’ve downloaded and opened the Custom Weather Alerts app, you’ll need to create an account. To proceed, you may be needed to join up for a free trial or membership.
- Step 3: Select “Alarms” from the bottom bar to set the alarm. Tap the Plus symbol in the top-right corner of the screen to set an alarm. Give the alarm a name and indicate the circumstances under which you wish to be notified.
You may also set the app to check the weather at a specific time each day. When you’re through changing everything, click the “Save” button in the top-right corner to save your changes. You may also utilize the IFTTT (If This Then That) automation tool to obtain customized weather updates via email..
Getting alerts on SEVERE weather conditions
How do you enable (or disable) emergency notifications on your Android phone?
- Choose connections in the settings menu, then additional connection options, and finally wireless emergency alerts.
- Then, from the three-dot menu that appears in the top right-hand corner, select Settings.
- You may personalize your emergency alerts by choosing which kind of alerts you want to receive.
- The steps may differ somewhat based on the Android variant you have. You can always search for “Emergency Alerts” in the Settings app’s search box at the top of the screen. Select the kind of alerts you’d like to receive, such as AMBER Alerts, public safety alerts, or severe weather alerts.
- If you receive an emergency alert, your device’s alarm will sound and a message will show on the screen. If you ever want to turn off any emergency notifications, use the same methods; just choose the alerts you no longer wish to receive and follow the instructions.
How can I enable (or disable) emergency notifications on my iPhone?
- Turn on the Emergency Alerts feature in Settings > Notifications > Emergency Alerts.
- Default settings allow government notifications (AMBER Alerts, Emergency Alerts, and Public Safety Alerts). Your phone will vibrate, an alarm will play, and a message will show on the screen if the government issues an alert. Government alerts can still be received when under Do Not Disturb mode.
- Any government notifications may be turned off at any time by following the same method as before and selecting the option to turn off the alerts you no longer want to receive.
- Any government notifications may be turned off at any time by following the same method as above and selecting the option to turn off the alerts you don’t want to receive.
Experts recommend that you turn on your phone’s emergency government alerts, regardless of whether you have an Android or an iPhone. You can verify that notifications and emergency alerts are enabled by going into the settings menu and ticking the boxes for notifications and emergency alerts.
So, if you’re seeking instructions on how to get weather notifications on your iPhone or Android, this tutorial has you covered.