Knowing how to hard reset an Apple watch comes in handy when dealing with frequent issues. Most difficulties may be resolved by doing a soft reset. If your Apple Watch keeps freezing and locking up after several tries to switch it off and on, it’s recommended to do a hard reset.
This basic method takes only a few seconds to complete. The next sections cover a variety of issues, including how to hard reset an Apple Watch without a passcode, how to hard reset an Apple Watch without an iPhone, and so on. So, let’s get this party started.
How to Reset the Apple Watch (Hard Reset) (from Series 1-3)
The steps for doing a hard reset on your Apple Watch Series 1 to 3 are outlined in the sections below. Please note that this action is irrevocable to avoid any misconceptions. When you do this, all of your data and the device’s passcode will be wiped. It would be beneficial if you always started with a soft reset, which would address the majority of small issues.
Hard-resetting Apple Watch Series 1 and 2
The process for hard-resetting Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 is the same:
- Hold down the side key until you see the text “Watch Options” on the screen.
- The next step is to select the power off option and hold it for a few seconds.
- When you let go of your finger, the option to “Erase all content and settings” should display.
- Simply press the option to erase all content and settings.
The assignment has been finished.! All you have to do now is wait a few seconds for your watch to be ready to use.
Hard-resetting Apple Watch Series 3
The technique differs somewhat from that of resetting series 1 and 2. To begin, double-check that your Apple Watch is connected to the charger:
- You can make sure your Apple Watch is turned on by touching the side button.
- Hold down the side button until the watch selections show.
- The reset window will display if you keep pushing and holding the power off tab.
- Tap the option that displays to delete all material and settings.
- When the choice appears, confirm the reset.
It’s all finished! Double-check that the problem is no longer present after doing a hard reset.
How to hard reset your Apple Watch Series 4 to 6
In comparison to the Apple Watch Series 1 through 3, the procedure is rather simple.
- To hard reset the watch, press and hold the side-mounted Home button as well as the digital crown button at the same time. Hold both buttons down until the Apple logo appears, then let go.
You’ve given your Apple Watch a hard reset.
How to Reset an Apple Watch Series 7
The processes to be followed in this circumstance are a little different.:
- You can bring up the device’s display by pushing the crown button on your Apple Watch Series 7 45mm.
- Then, on your smartphone, tap the digital crown to bring up the home screen.
- Select that item from the Settings menu.
- Then, from the drop-down option, choose “General.”
- Then, from the drop-down option, select “Reset.”
- “Erase all material and settings” is the next option to select.
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- After that, click Erase all to confirm your decision and start the reset procedure.
- Wait for the “Welcome” screen to appear on your watch.
Everything has been completed.
Without an iPhone, here’s how to hard reset your Apple Watch.
You may do a hard reset on your Apple Watch if you have an iPhone connected to it. It is true, though, that by following these procedures, you may accomplish it without an iPhone.
- On your Apple Watch, go to the Settings app.
- Select “General” from the drop-down menu.
- “Reset” may be found at the bottom of the page.
- To erase all material and settings, choose Erase All Material and Settings.
- You must enter your passcode when requested if you have one.
- Swipe down and pick “Erase All & Keep Plan” or “Erase All” from the alternatives if you have a cellular watch.
How can you hard reset an Apple Watch without an Apple ID?
In comparison to the preceding approaches, this one has more steps:
- Simply lift your wrist to activate the Apple Watch.
- Press the “Digital Crown” button to bring up all of the apps on the screen.
- After that, look for the “Settings” app.
- Select “General” from the drop-down menu.
- After you’ve scrolled all the way down, tap “Reset.”
- You can choose “Erase All Content and Settings” at this point.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
- The message “Are you sure you want to continue?” will appear on the Apple watch screen.
- Select “Erase All” from the drop-down menu.
The repairing and backing up operation on the Apple Watch will take a few minutes.
After the backup and restore operations are done, the Apple logo will show on the screen.
How to Hard Reset Your Apple Watch Without a Passcode?
Passwords are forgotten by a startling amount of Apple Watch consumers. Is your Apple Watch on its last legs? Not in the least. If you forget your passcode, you’ll need to reset your Apple Watch and set it up again. It may take some time to reset the watch after a hard reset. However, leaving your watch in the drawer is preferable because you can’t use it without the passcode. While following these instructions, keep your watch plugged in.
- Hold down the side button until the text “Power Off” appears.
- To remove all content and settings, press and hold the Digital Crown until you read “Remove all material and settings.”
- To confirm your action, hit Reset once and then Reset again.
- Before resetting your Apple Watch, wait for the procedure to finish. If a restoration from a prior backup is requested, do so.
Wrapping Up | Hard Reset Apple Watch
How to Hard Reset the Apple Watch is a popular topic since it aids consumers in resolving small problems. The method for hard resetting your Apple watch varies depending on the series you have on your wrist, as detailed in today’s guide. You may hard reset your Apple watch without a passcode, an Apple ID, or an iPhone using the techniques provided in this extensive post.