So, you’re one of the numerous video game fans looking for a comprehensive answer to the topic, “How can I play Fortnite on my iPhone?”
You’ve arrived to the right location. Fortnite was taken off the App Store without warning in 2020 due to a dispute between Apple and Epic Games. Epic Games’ decision to stop the normal method of downloading Fortnite for iPhones and iPads came as a shock to gamers all across the world.
Apple and Epic Games have been fighting in court for months, and iOS users have been unable to play Fortnite on their iPhones during that time. After months of back-and-forth, it appears like things are about to change.
Even if the game isn’t returning to the App Store, NVIDIA GeForce Now will let you play it in Safari on your iOS device.
What is the current state of GeForce?
It’s comparable to Google Stadia, Xbox Game Pass Cloud Gaming, Shadow, and PlayStation Now.
Nvidia GeForce Now is a service that allows you to play games that are stored on remote servers and streamed to a device that can play them over the internet.
It allows you to access the most conveniently accessible data centre for you, with more than 20 data centres across the world. In addition, depending on your membership level, the best Nvidia graphics cards are accessible (RTX).
As a consequence, they’ll look beautiful no matter what your system specs are.
In contrast to the majority of its competitors, GeForce Now does not sell games or provide access to a curated library of titles.
Instead, you can use your Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, or Uplay online accounts to play the games you already own or plan to buy.
Not all games are compatible with GeForce Now. Some publishers do not allow you to play their games through it, but there are still plenty.
Now you can play Fortnite on your iPhone using NVIDIA GeForce.
To get started, you’ll need to first install GeForce on your iPhone. This is true for everyone, whether you’ve been approved for the closed beta or are still waiting for confirmation through email.
The bad news is that you’ll have to use Safari to access GeForce Now because Apple’s App Store restrictions forbid cloud-based gaming apps.
The good news is that the web app has been fine-tuned to the point where it resembles a native iOS app.
It isn’t as simple as going to the GeForce Now website and registering for the programme.
Follow these steps to get GeForce Now up and running on your iPhone so you can play Fortnite: Battle Royale: Battle Royale: Battle Royale: Battle Royale: Battle Royale: Battle Royale
- Safari allows you to browse the web on your iPhone.
- Go to the nvidia.com website.
- Tap the “Share” icon at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
- Then select “Add to Home Screen” from the drop-down menu.
- Give it a name (for example, GFN) and hit OK to save it.
- GeForce Now appears as a shortcut on your home screen, and you may move or uninstall it just like any other programme.
- Simply tap on it to open the app and accept the terms and conditions.
- 8.Tap the symbol in the top-right corner to sign in to your GeForce Now account.
- From the menu bar, choose Settings (located at the top-left of the screen)
- To finish the process, follow the on-screen prompts to sync your Epic Games account with your GeForce Now account. You’ll be able to play Fortnite on your iPhone as a result.
How to reinstall Fortnite on your iPhone and play it again
Players who have already played and downloaded the game on their iPhones will be able to do so easily and swiftly.
Simply because it will still appear in the “bought” section of the App Store. To re-download it on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to the App Store on Apple’s website.
- Click Account in the top-right corner.
- From the Accounts drop-down box, select “All Purchases.”
- Simply go to My Purchases to see your purchases. It will give you a list of all the apps you’ve bought.
- Type the name of the game you wish to play in the search field. It’s Fortnite in this scenario.
- Click the download option when the game appears in the search results.
If you’ve never downloaded Fortnite before, how do you play it on an iPhone?
What are your alternatives if you’ve never downloaded Fortnite on your iPhone before? One solution is to use Family Sharing to connect your account to someone else’s.
You should be able to get the app on your iPhone if you have a Family Sharing account and your family members have previously downloaded it. The steps to set up family sharing are as follows:
- To begin, open the Settings programme.
- Simply tap on your name to see your Apple ID preferences.
- Now select “Family Sharing…” from the drop-down menu. If you’ve already set up the service on your device, it’ll just say “Family Sharing.”
- By selecting it under the Sharing Purchases section, you can enable purchase sharing.
- You’ll also need to include a payment option. If you set up Family Sharing and enter your credit card information, your card information will be used to pay for any family sharing downloads.
- Follow the steps indicated above to return to the App Store.
- Select the name icon from the drop-down menu.
- Select “bought” from the drop-down menu.
- Select a family member’s account.
- Now scroll through all of the apps until you find Fortnite.
So you’re overjoyed that you’ve figured out how to play Fortnite on your iPhone. Keep in mind that, as far as we know, Nvidia is the only game streaming service with which Epic Games is working on Fortnite.
This is related to a deposition in the Apple/Epic dispute, as previously stated. Because Epic is afraid that Microsoft’s xCloud service will compete with Epic’s own PC goods, Microsoft will not be able to include Fortnite in its xCloud service.