Combining Apple with Android devices is always a delight. Though the goods of these two industry giants are difficult to combine, you may use other techniques, such as third-party applications, to accomplish so. As a result, pairing your Android phone with the HomePod isn’t as tough as it may appear. So, here’s how to use the HomePod to play music from an Android phone.
What exactly is an Apple HomePod, and how does it function?
Before we go into “how to play music from an Android to a Homepod,” let’s take a closer look at the Homepod. Apple’s HomePod is presently the greatest wireless smart speaker on the market in terms of sound quality. It’s a wonderful speaker that comes pre-loaded with Siri. You may use this elegant gadget to deliver orders, listen to music, and perform a variety of other tasks. It resembles an iPod. It’s only that it doesn’t have a screen.
Think of the HomePod as a high-performance, voice-activated wireless speaker with a few “smart” features thrown in for good measure. You’ll need an iCloud ID to set up the HomePod, which is a free account that lets you manage several of Apple’s services. You’ll also need an iOS smartphone that’s compatible with the HomePod to set it up.
The Step-By-Step Procedure for Playing Music from an Android Phone on a HomePod
CloudPlayer and AirMusic, for example, are two third-party programmes that can help you with this.The procedure may alter somewhat depending on the app you use. So let’s take a closer look at both approaches.
How to use CloudPlayer to play music from an Android phone on a HomePod
Follow these instructions if you wish to utilize the CloudPlayer application:
- CloudPlayer is a free app that you can get from the Google Play Store for your Android phone.
- After downloading and installing CloudPlayer, decide which music will be streamed on the HomePod. To do so, find a radio station that plays your favorite music and tune in. You may accomplish this by touching on Magic Radio and selecting the station of your choosing.
You are no longer limited to listening to only radio stations if you have an Android phone and the HomePod, which is quite useful. The CloudPlayer programme may access any other type of music stored in your Google Drive. This is done by touching on folders that include music or albums. After then, all you have to do is touch on the HomePod music you want to listen to.
How to use AirMusic to play music from an Android phone on a HomePod
To use AirMusic, you must first download it from the Google Play Store and install it. You may also download the free trial version to evaluate the app’s functioning before paying $4.49 for the full version. Now, go through the processes outlined below:
- At the top of AirMusic’s settings tab, look for a menu button. Then tap “General settings” to see all of the choices accessible in that section.To use Android 10’s built-in audio recording capabilities, select “Native recording (experimental)” from the drop-down box under “Select your audio source.“
- On the main screen of the Android app, AirMusic may connect to a variety of receivers. AirPlay, DLNA, Fire TVs, and even Google Cast devices are examples of music-playing devices. By touching on the AirPlay device you wish to broadcast to in this list, you may choose it.
- You should see a message asking if you want AirMusic to “Start recording or casting.” “Allow” should be selected. A dialogue window for confirmation should display. “Start now” starts the recording process, which will be used to send the content to your AirPlay device.
- When you connect to a receiver for the first time, you’ll be asked if you want to see your alerts.This is a feature that allows you to send “Now Playing” information through AirPlay. To use this function, go to the relevant page in the Android Settings app and choose “Enable listener.” Then touch the AirMusic app in the list and tick the box next to “Allow notification access.” The actual flow may differ slightly from this depending on your phone.
- After that, you’ll be all set to go! Launch your chosen music programme to begin listening to your favorite music.
Using the techniques indicated, you can stream music from your Android phone to your HomePod. As previously stated, you have access to a variety of third-party programmes. However, our favorites appear to be the most effective. If you want more features, you might try the premium versions of the apps. Now you can listen to music from your Android phone or tablet on your HomePod!