Your television serves as your link to the world of entertainment as well as current events.
You anticipate receiving a high level of service from your TV for many years to come.
Additionally, your Vizio television ought to continue to offer you years and years of first-rate entertainment.
Vizio has become an option for the typical consumer that is reasonably priced ever since the company first introduced their TV line-up onto the market in the year 2002.
Vizio is a good option to consider selecting if you are not looking to spend a small fortune but do expect to get a lot of value for your money.
I made the decision not too long ago to get a Vizio television with a 32-inch screen for the playroom where my children hang out.
While they watched their favourite movies and television shows, we could have fun together by playing games and making crafts.
Things were going swimmingly for a while, but after a while, the SmartCast applications started malfunctioning and would either not load at all or crash repeatedly.
In addition to that, the whole thing was a very aggravating experience.
Before contacting Vizio’s customer service for assistance, I wanted to see if I could find a solution to this problem on my own first. I am a total tech nerd.
After doing some research on the internet, I concluded that this problem occurs a great deal more frequently than one might anticipate and that the answer to my issue was a rather straightforward one.
I needed to reset my TV.
Permit me to share with you exactly what it is that I discovered through my search for information.
How to Reset Your Vizio TV (Problem Solved – It’s Very Simple!)
To perform a soft reset on your Vizio TV, first, unplug it and then press and hold the power button for approximately five seconds. You will need to navigate to Menu->System->Reset and Admin->Reset TV to Factory Defaults to perform a hard reset. Keep in mind that performing a hard reset will result in the erasure of all of the memory stored in your Vizio TV.
There is a possibility that you will not need to reset your Vizio TV, but if you do, you should be aware that there is a distinction between a hard reset and a soft reset.
There are also two different ways to perform a hard reset, but either one will delete all of the content stored in the TV’s memory.
Continue reading to find out more about resetting your Vizio TV and how you can do it even if you don’t have the remote with you.
Should I turn off my Vizio TV and turn it back on?
It is not recommended to perform a reset unless it is necessary.
You don’t want to end up erasing all of your settings and preferences, do you? It’s possible that your TV’s performance issues can be resolved with nothing more involved than a simple restart of the device.
Some problems do demand a reset.
I strongly suggest that you perform a reset if you are encountering any of the following problems:
- Because you have forgotten your password, you are unable to access your home screen.
- Your television runs slowly, has lagging or freezing issues, or both.
- On the screen, there is only one colour being shown. There are no other options.
- There are problems with either the video or the audio.
- The television will not power on at any point.
- even though your WiFi connection is robust and fully operational, your television is unable to connect to it.
- There is no longer a menu appearing on the TV.
- You would like to clear the settings that were programmed into the TV by the previous owner, from whom you purchased the device.
- Apps that use SmartCast, such as Hulu and Netflix, frequently crash or fail to load entirely.
- The screen goes completely black whenever a new application is opened.
- You are planning to sell your TV and want to clear all of your settings before you do so.
- You only want to revert your TV to its original factory settings.
A soft reset is the first step I would recommend taking in the vast majority of these scenarios.
You could even try turning the power off and on again before attempting the soft reset to see if that makes a difference.
What does it mean when my Vizio TV says it needs a soft reset?
When you’re having trouble with your Vizio TV, the simplest solution is to perform a soft reset.
To be able to accomplish this, you will need to:
- Turn off your Vizio television by first removing it from the wall outlet.
- Take the power cord out of its slot on the back of the television.
- For the next five seconds, keep the power button on the remote or the TV itself pressed and held down.
- Reconnect the wire to the outlet.
- Put on some television.
That sums it up nicely. You may need to use the button on the remote control to access the Menu if you are utilising an older model of Vizio television.
Then you will need to choose System > Reset > Admin > Soft Power Cycle from the menu options.
There are two different types of hard resets available for the Vizio TV.
Before I explain how to perform a hard reset, I want you to be aware that there are two ways to do it: an easier one, and one that is more difficult.
The Straightforward Method Behind Performing a Hard Reset
First, let’s go over the more straightforward approach to performing a hard reset.
Because there are several steps involved, you will need to move through each one methodically.
This is how the process is carried out:
- To access the menu, press the button on your remote control.
- Make your way around with the arrow buttons, and when you’re ready, press the OK button to select System.
- Proceed to the Reset and Admin menus, then hit the OK button.
- Choose to Reset the TV to the Factory Defaults option. Again, press the OK button.
- If the parental code has not been altered, the device will ask for a password when it starts up, and you can respond with the number 0000.
- Proceed to the Reset page. Select the OK button.
- Permit the TV to power down completely. Once you have done that, follow the on-screen prompts.
How to Perform a Hard Reset the Hard Way
The following is the more difficult method for performing a hard reset on your Vizio TV. I would only suggest doing so if the other approaches that I have outlined were unsuccessful.
Before calling Vizio for assistance, you should exhaust all other options first.
To cargo more difficult version of the hard reset, you will need to do the following:
- Put the TV into standby mode but do not unplug it.
- While doing so, press and keep pressing both the CH+ and CH- buttons that are located on the remote.
- Simply press the button labelled “Power” without holding it down.
- Put both the CH+ and CH- buttons into their released positions.
- Simply pressing the button labelled “Menu” will cause a menu to appear on the screen.
- Keep an eye out for the letter F in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. If you see it, that indicates that you have entered the screen for performing a factory reset.
- You can access the Service Menu by holding down the menu button until it appears on the screen.
- You are now able to access the options for performing a factory reset on your Vizio TV.
Is the Vizio remote necessary to perform a factory reset?
You won’t need the remote to perform a factory reset on your Vizio if it supports SmartCast.
Carrying it out is not too difficult at all.
To accomplish this, simultaneously press and hold down the V- and Input buttons on your controller until a message appears on the display of your controller.
After that, the operating system will prompt you to release the V- button alone.
The TV will automatically reset itself after approximately ten seconds.
A Few Parting Thoughts
If there is no pressing reason for you to reset your Vizio TV, you should refrain from doing so.
After you have finished resetting the TV, you will need to do everything over again because it will delete all of the settings and programmes that you have previously used on the device. On the other hand, resetting a Vizio is not particularly challenging if you have to do it.