Until the battery icon has disappeared, you do not realize how useful it can be. It can be quite difficult to determine how much battery life remains without the battery icon. Fortunately, it is very easy to resolve this issue. You can restore the battery icon if it has been removed from your Windows 10 computer.
The battery icon can be missing for several reasons
There are many reasons why your Windows 10 computer may not show the battery icon. To fix a problem, the first thing you need to do is identify the causes of the problem. Here are some steps to follow:
1. You used to see an icon for your battery, but it has been removed from your screen
This problem can be solved easily. After you notice that the icon is no longer appearing, turn off your computer and then turn it back wait until the device has fully powered up before searching for the battery icon. gain. If this restores the icon, the problem has been resolved.
The fact that this issue occurred in the first place can be attributed to various reasons. Certain functions can fail when your computer runs continuously for an extended period. By restarting the device, the problem can be resolved. There could be another possible reason for the problem, such as the CPU’s extensive programs failing to run on the Windows 10 system.
Continue with the next step if the problem persists.
2. For the first time, you want to display the battery icon on your computer
For those who have never seen the battery icon on their Windows 10 computer since they first began using it, you may be affected by this scenario. In this article, we explain how to resolve the issue.
This can be achieved by enabling the icon in the computer’s settings. However, before you proceed, please make sure the battery icon is not hidden under the setting “show hidden icons”, which is located in the taskbar on the bottom right of the screen. You can reveal all hidden icons by clicking on the Up arrow.
It can often be found hiding among your hidden icons, so simply drag it to the right side of the taskbar to reveal it. It is also possible to do the same thing for any other icon you require to be revealed. In the absence of the battery icon, continue reading.
Here are the steps you must follow to activate the battery icon in Windows 10.
The following steps should be followed in case the battery icon is suddenly missing and solution 1 did not restore it, or if you wish to display the icon for the first time and it does not appear in your list of hidden icons.
The following steps will demonstrate how to restore the battery icon in Windows 10:
Check the system settings in Method 1
- Go to the Settings tab in Windows 10. By clicking on Start and typing in settings in the search box, or by pressing ‘Windows key + I’ on your keyboard, you are ablecanish this. The settings can also be accessed by selecting Start and then clicking the Settings icon.
- The computer settings can be accessed by selecting ‘system’ from the menu. Choose this option.
- You will find a list of options to the left of your screen. Ensure that the option titled Notifications and actions is selected.
- Choose the icon you wish to appear on the taskbar by clicking on it. Make sure that the ‘Power’ symbol is selected. Activate it if necessary. The icon will appear immediately.
- Press the back button to return to the ‘Notifications and icons’ tab under the ‘System’ section if you do not see the Power icon.
- In this case, you should choose the option ‘Turn on or off The ‘Power’ option should be checked. on is checked. It should be enabled by clicking the button adjacent to it.
- Return to the notification tab. Select which icon will appear on the taskbar by clicking on it. The ‘Power’ icon will now appear on the taskbar. Ensure there is a checkmark next to the ‘Power’ icon. If it is not activated. If it does not appear immediately.
The next step should be taken if this does not work.
The second method is to use the Windows Explorer trick
This method requires only that you restart your Windows Explorer. Restarting the program will refresh all of the desktop icons The battery icon should appear again if it suddenly disappeared k. Follow these steps to restart your Windows Explorer:
- Start the Task Manager. You can manually type in ‘task manager’ into the search bar or you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Esc. You should see Task Manager appear on your screen immediately.
- Click on the ‘Processes’ tab in the Task Manager.
- In the list of active processes, locate Windows Explorer. Click the right mouse button and choose restart.
The third method involves updating your computer
A pending update can sometimes cause a problem. Your Windows 10 computer may not have been properly updated with the update. If this is true, the first thing you need to do is to check if your device needs to be updated. If there have been no updates, you may proceed to the next step.
- Then select Settings from the Start menu.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- Click on the Update button.
Install any available updates if there are any available.
Step 4 – Using the Device Manager
If all other attempts have failed, your laptop could be having a problem with its drivers. These drivers can be accessed under the battery tab within the device manager.
- In the search bar, enter ‘Device Manager.
- The Device Manager will appear.
- From there, select the battery option. The battery driver will be displayed. It is the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver as well as the Microsoft AC Adapter driver that you are looking for. Several versions of these drivers are available. The drivers you need are those listed under the ‘Battery’ tab.
- Please examine each driver carefully. To do this, turn off and on each driver. Click the first one and then click the Disable button. The driver will now be enabled again. Repeat the process for the remaining drivers under the Battery section. Be sure to reinstall the drivers you disabled previously.
- In the Device Manager, navigate to the ‘action’ tab located on the left-hand menu bar. Once you have selected ‘action’, select ‘scan for changes’.
- The changes will take effect when you restart your computer.
However, these methods work on Windows 7 and 8 computers as well, even though they are specifically designed for Windows 10. If your computer continues to experience the same issues after applying all these methods, the problem may be more severe than you initially assumed. If this is the case, a professional might be able to assist you. Congratulations!
Check out our list of the best 17-inch replacement laptops for desktop computers if you are searching for a laptop with long battery life!
Furthermore, if the battery of your old laptop has failed, we will advise you on how to choose a new one and when to buy one.