Faxing is becoming obsolete, with electronic media such as email supplanting it on a daily basis. However, it is still used on occasion. Fax machines aren’t always available. As a result, sending fax messages is becoming more challenging.
You may not need a fax machine to transmit a fax message any more. It’s possible to accomplish it using your phone. So, let’s look at how to send a fax from an iPhone in this post.
How do I send faxes from an iPhone app?
To send a fax message, go to the App Store and download a fax app for your iPhone. All of the fax applications work in the same way. You may send a fax with a written document or a photo attached. Then you only need to input the phone number and send the message. Let’s look at how to achieve that with the FAX.Plus iOS app as an example.
Download Fax.Plus App
- Plus is an iOS software that you can get from the App Store.
- To register for the app, open it and log in using a Gmail or Facebook account. To complete the registration, you must supply and verify a mobile phone number.
Send a fax from your iPhone using a text file or scanned document.
- After you’ve opened the app, go to the “Send fax tab.” In the “TO” section of the tab, type the fax number to which you need to send the paper.
- Click “Add file” to attach the fax file.” Here you may upload a written document, a scanned PDF document, or a snapshot of the document.
- Using the “Add text” option, you may add a cover page or more content.
- Press “Send” to send the fax.
Fax may be sent by scanning a document using the camera.
- Go to the “Send fax” option after opening the app. Fill in the fax number you wish to send the fax to.
- Now select “Add file” from the drop-down menu. Select “Scan with camera” from the drop-down menu.
- Permission to open the camera must be granted.
- Take clean images of the document after the camera is turned on.
- Cropping and other adjustments may be made to the photo to make it your own.
- The fax message will include the scanned images. To transmit the Fax document, click “Send.”
Document Scanning Guidelines
- Bring the paper to a location with greater lighting.
- While scanning, keep the camera precisely over the paper.
- Shadows should not be projected on top of the page.
- Increase the contrast of the image to view the words in the paper clearly.
Fax from an iCloud drive
- Go to the “Send fax tab” after opening the app.
- Select “iCloud drive” after clicking the “Add file” button.
- Choose the file from the drive that you want to transmit.
- Fill in the “TO” field with the recipient’s fax number.
- To send, use the “send” button.
iPhone fax apps
There are several fax-sending applications available in the Apple Store. Some of these apps are free, while others need payment. You will be able to send free fax messages using various fax applications. Free applications may include limits such as the number of pages per fax, the number of countries available, the number of fax messages per day, and so on.