There’s no doubt that Wi-Fi is essential everywhere nowadays. When you go to a cafe, restaurant, or a friend’s house, you ask for the password to the Wi-Fi. But many people forget their passwords, and some Wi-Fi passwords are weird and hard to remember too.
How to share Wi-Fi passwords from Android 10 to iPhone and Android
In Android 10, you can share your Wi-Fi password in seconds by using a QR code. This is a huge boost for the platform.
First, you must connect your android device to the network, then follow the steps,
Click on the settings icon next to the name of the Wi-Fi network
You will see the icon “QR code” at the bottom of the settings page.
You can now scan this QR code from other devices or even send it as an image.rd of the network by clicking it
use an Android phone to connect to the network.
- Settings -> Connections -> Wi-Fi connections
- Right-click on the QR icon
- The QR code can be scanned from the camera or uploaded as an image
It is important to remember that the QR scanning function may not be available on older Android and iOS versions.
To connect to the network using iPhone
- The camera app will open
- Scanning the QR code with the camera app
- Connect to the network by clicking the notification
You can only share Wi-Fi passwords using this method between Android and iOS devices without the help of third-party apps.
How to use an app to share your Wi-Fi password on Android
The password can either be entered manually or sent via text message.
How to Use a QR Code to Share a Wi-Fi Password
Creating a QR code and pinning it on the wall will make it easy for customers to scan it and connect to the wifi if they are in a situation where they need to share their wifi password frequently, such as a café or small restaurant.
You will need a QR code generator. You can find many QR code generators on the play store. You can choose any app you like, but make sure it has the option “Wi-Fi QR code”.
You will need the following things to create a QR code for your wifi network.
- SSID (Network ID)
- Type of encryption used in networks
- Password for your network
You need to write down the wifi password first. Then go to settings and choose wifi settings. Click on the network you would like to create the QR code for SSID:
write down the network name. Network Encryption type: After you click on settings you will see a section called security. Write down the encryption type in there. Normally, it is WPA/WPA-2.
Then click on SSID and write down the network name. Network Encryption type: After you click on settings you will see a section called security. Write down the encryption type in there. Normally, it is WPA/WPA2.settings.
Open the QR code generator app after you have gathered all the information above.
- When you select WiFi as a content type, it will create a QR code specific to WiFi
- Make sure you enter the SSID and password correctly with case sensitivity.
- Click on create.
You can now save the QR code to your device. The QR code can be used by others to join the network. Display your QR code in a suitable manner.
How to Password-Share Wi-Fi Passwords Between iPhones
You can also do things in the opposite direction. You may send wifi passwords to other devices from your iPhone.
Follow the steps outlined below to accomplish this.
- First, make sure your iPhone is unlocked and linked to the wifi network.
- Go to settings on the other device, then wifi settings.
- select the wifi network that the first phone is linked to.
- A notification will appear on the phone that is already connected to the wifi network, asking if they wish to share the password. To share the password with the second iPhone, choose share password.
To share the iPhone password in this manner, make sure both iPhones are up to date with the newest iOS versions and are within Bluetooth range of one another.
Mobile hotspots allow you to share your smartphone’s internet connection with other devices. While this isn’t directly linked to sharing a wifi password, we’ll go through the features of the mobile hotspot so you can use it when you need it.
In a mobile hotspot, your phone functions as a wireless router. It allows other devices to connect to the mobile internet over wifi. Setting up a mobile hotspot is not recommended for excessive internet usage. However, if your buddy only needs to send an email or anything, you can quickly set up a mobile hotspot on your smartphone.
Create a wireless hotspot on your mobile device.
- Disconnect off the internet.
- Go to the connections section of the settings menu.
- Then go to mobile Hotspot and tethering
- Now click on a mobile hotspot to configure.
- Set a name and a password in the setup section, as well as Security and Band.
- Now turn on the hotspot.
Connect to the hotspotOn the other device, turn on the wifi.
- Turn on the wifi on the other device.
- Now you will be able to see the hotspot with the given name in the network list.
- Connect to the network by clicking on it and entering the password.
It’s important to remember that the device on which the mobile hotspot is installed must be linked to the mobile internet at all times.