We’re here because you’re looking for answers to “how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac.”. Contacts are one of the most valuable things you have on your phone. The last thing you want is to discover that someone’s phone number isn’t in your address book when you need it most.
Continue reading to learn how to sync contacts from your iPhone to your Mac, as well as what to do if the process does not work.
Let’s look at four possible approaches to syncing your iPhone contacts to your Mac laptop. It is important that you select the most appropriate method that meets all of your requirements without any concessions.
These four methods offer a straightforward method for transferring contacts between your iPhone and Mac without hesitation or complications.
1. How to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud
Step 1: Go to the “Settings” option on your iPhone, pick the name of your device, and select the “iCloud” tab to activate the “Contacts” option.
Step 2: On your Mac system, click “System Preferences” and then “iCloud.” Enter your Apple ID login credentials here. Selecting the “Contacts” option in the drop-down menu is the first step to syncing contacts between your iPhone and Mac.
Step 3: Open the “Apple Contacts” app on your Mac system and choose “All iCloud Contacts.”With these steps, you can sync contacts from any iOS device to Mac without hassle.
2. How Do I Sync Contacts From My iPhone to My Mac Without Using iCloud?
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Mac via the USB cable using iTunes or Finder.
- Step 2: Select your device’s name from the sidebar in the Finder environment.
- Step 3: Next, select “Info” on the screen and tick the box next to “Sync Contacts.”. To save your changes, click the “Apply” button.
You won’t need to use iCloud to sync your iPhone contacts with your Mac system if you follow these steps.
3. How do I sync iPhone contacts to my Mac via Airdrop?
- Step 1: Make sure all of your devices, including your iPhone and Mac, are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Both your iPhone and Mac should have Bluetooth enabled at this point. If you want to enable Bluetooth on your iPhone, go to “Settings->Bluetooth” and select “Enable.” If you want to enable Bluetooth on your Mac, go to “Apple Menu->System Preferences->Bluetooth” and select “Enable.”
- Step 3: Next, click “Airdrop” to share a file with others via your iPhone. Select the “Network Settings Card” from the “Control Center” > then choose “Contacts only” or “Everyone” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Step 4: Go to Finder-> Go-> Airdrop in order to enable Airdrop on your Mac. If you want to be discovered only by contacts, choose “Contacts Only” or “Everyone.”
- Step 5: Select a contact from the “Contacts” list on your iPhone by tapping the icon. Click “Share Contact” on your device.
- Step 6: When you’re ready to proceed, select “Airdrop” from the expanded list and then select your “Mac” system name.
If your iPhone device sends you a message regarding the contact sharing process, you will need to authenticate the message on your Mac system. Contacts are stored on your Mac’s hard drive in a folder named “Download”.
4. How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac using MobileTrans – Backup
Make the most of Wondershare by taking advantage of its features. The only application you will need when it comes to data transmission between devices and systems is MobileTrans. You do not need any technical skill in order to work with this tool.
This tool provides a wide range of functions that will allow you to efficiently and quickly transfer data. The user-friendly design of the application enables users to identify and select the appropriate options for performing the required actions as quickly as possible.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone through a USB cable to your Mac. Open the MobileTrans application. Download MobileTrans from Wondershare’s official website. To install the application on your system, download the appropriate application for the version of your operating system and follow the wizard’s instructions. You must first ensure that the iPhone is on the source computer and the MacBook is on the destination computer before you begin the process.
- Step 2: Back up the data: From MobileTrans’s home screen, select “Back up & restore “. Then click “Back up phone data”.
- Step 3: Choose Contacts: On the next screen, pick the data you want to back up. Click the “Contacts” option in the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Wait a few minutes: Please be patient for a few minutes while the backup process has finished. The Mac system immediately receives all of the specified information after this step is completed.
The information you were seeking is now at your disposal to access whenever you need it.
My iPhone contacts are not synchronizing with my Mac, and I’m not sure why?
You should be aware that when you sync contacts from your iPhone to your Mac, you are actually synchronizing both devices with iCloud simultaneously. There are several reasons why you may experience difficulties when trying to sync your contacts:
- The storage capacity of iCloud has been reached. Your contacts will no longer sync with iCloud if you reach your iCloud storage limit. You can easily clean out your photo collection using the Gemini Photos app if you need to free up some space.
- Your iCloud account has access to multiple devices.
- Your iPhone and Mac may be signed into separate iCloud accounts. and iPhone.
- We have disabled contact synchronization.
Therefore, ensure that none of these things is the cause of the contact transfer failing.
You’ll be glad you learned how to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a Mac if you ever decide to sell your old iPhone. The backup can also be used to safeguard important information from your phone so that you do not have to request a copy of your contacts’ information again if you lose your device.
As soon as you have completed the first sync, make sure that you regularly update your records so that you do not lose any of your most current information.