It is impossible to find a better place to order the updated iPhone 12 Pro or iPad Air than Apple. You can order directly from apple and pick your device up from an Apple Store or have it delivered straight to your home.
The following article discusses the ordering process directly from Apple. There will also be answers to questions like “how long does Apple take to process orders?” or “does Apple process orders on the weekends?” and many more.
Do you want to order from Apple? Does it take a long time?
From the time you place your order, Apple will process it in about 45 minutes. It takes the least amount of time for in-stock products to be shipped and they can be shipped the same day or the following day.
Depending on the demand for custom configurations, this may vary from one to four weeks.
How long does it take Apple to process an order?
Purchasing items from Apple may result in the shipment of your order occurring on or earlier than the estimated shipping date that appears on the order status page. Your order will be acknowledged via email after you have placed it.
The email will contain your order details, shipping information, and estimated delivery time.
You will be given an estimated shipment date by the lead time you specified when placing your order.
The lead time is calculated in business days, from Monday through Friday, exclusive of Federal Reserve holidays. While Apple promises to deliver your order within a short period, certain shipping dates may be subject to change based on changes in supply.
We will notify you via email or telephone if there are any changes to the lead time and any revisions to the shipping estimate. By visiting Apple’s Self Service website, you can also track the progress of your order.
Using your Apple ID and password, you may log in to check the status of your order. This website provides a summary of orders placed within the past 18 months.
On this page, you will find the order number, the date and time your order was placed, estimates of delivery and shipping times, as well as the status of your order.
Message on Order Status
The meaning of order status messages:
- Order Received – We have received your order, but are not yet processing it. The processing of your order will begin within 45 minutes from the time you placed it. Processing may take longer depending on the quantity of your order or the payment method.
- Open –There has been no shipping of your order yet, as it is currently being processed. Once your order has been processed, Apple will estimate the delivery and shipping times.
- Partially Shipped –It means Apple’s warehouse has shipped part of your order and it is on its way to Apple’s warehouse.
- Shipped – You have received all of the items on your order from Apple.
- Electronically Delivered – This means you have received an activation key or electronic software product.
- Completed – This means you have received an electronic software product.
- Cancelled – This means you have canceled all products on your order.
- Action Required–
- We have received your order, but are unable to process it because of an incomplete payment or lack of important information. Our order process will resume as soon as these requirements are met. If you require an estimated delivery date, Apple will provide it to you.
Delivery and Shipping Estimates
It is an estimate of the time it will take to prepare the order for shipment and to ship from the warehouse. When does Apple prepare orders for shipment? Depending on the availability of items, the order will be shipped.
- If the item is displayed as “In Stock”, then the shipping estimate is the same day or the next business day.
- It is estimated that orders with longer delivery times will be shipped in seven to ten business days.
- The shipping estimate will be higher when custom-configured items, such as Macs, or when items are personalized.
You will receive your order at your shipping address within the delivery estimate. Estimates are provided for both shipping and delivery.
You can choose your preferred delivery time when ordering from Apple. Options include:
- Standard Delivery –After your order has been shipped, it will arrive in one to three days.
- 9.00 am to 12.00 pm – Deliveries between these hours within one to three days of shipping your order.
- 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm – The order will be delivered within one to three days after it has been shipped between these hours.
- 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm – After your order is shipped, delivery occurs within one to three business days.
There is no charge for any of these delivery options. It is possible that these options are not available during product launches. It is also important to note that certain products are not eligible for these time slots.
Availability to ship time
During this period, Apple’s warehouse expects to ship the item. A shipping time of one business day signifies that the item will leave Apple’s warehouse one day after it had been placed. We have longer shipping times for custom-configured, personalized, and popular items.
The ship and delivery times will normally be provided to you. We will notify you via email if Apple is unable to meet these deadlines due to low product availability. We will also inform you of the new shipping and delivery dates.
Before finalizing your order, you will see the shipping cost displayed on the Checkout page. Apple Print products are subject to shipping fees. At the time of checkout, online on the Order Status website, and in the email confirmation of the order, the delivery cost is disclosed.
Is ordering directly from Apple beneficial?
Buying MacBook Pros, Macbooks Airs, Mac minis, Mac Pros, and iMacs directly from Apple is a great idea if you want custom configurations. Apple stores also sell iPhones, iPods, and iPads if you don’t want to order them from Apple.
A direct purchase is not the best way to save money since you are not getting a good deal when you buy from retailers.
How Does Apple Process My Order?
Orders received, but not yet fulfilled, are considered “processing”. The order is in the queue for fulfillment at this stage and can be modified or canceled at any time.
How long does it take to prepare an order for shipping?
About two to three business days before shipping, Apple prepares to ship. An email will be sent to you when the order has shipped.
How Come Apple Takes So Long to Ship?
Your order will determine how long it takes. You will probably have to wait even longer for a MacBook if you ordered one. It is a very popular model that is usually out of stock and needs to be configured in China. You will receive your pallet overnight after it leaves China.
Slowdowns in manufacturing and shipping caused by the global Covid-19 pandemic have further delayed Apple.
Is Apple able to process orders over the weekend?
Apple does not ship on weekends.
How accurate are Apple’s delivery dates?
Their accuracy is fairly good since most orders arrive on or before the estimated delivery date. However, some countries are still experiencing delays due to the pandemic. MacBook purchasers suffer the most from their orders arriving later than expected.
What is the purpose of taxation?
Purchases made at the Apple Store are subject to sales taxes based on the ship-to location and the rate of sales tax in effect at the time of shipping.
Depending on the tax jurisdiction of the credit card billing address, sales tax is also charged on electronically delivered products. You will be charged sales tax unless you present a tax exemption certificate.
What are the available shipping methods?
Apple uses the following shipping methods:
- Ground Service – Deliveries usually take two to seven business days after shipment.
- Two-day Express Service –The shipment is sent before the carrier’s cutoff time and delivered by 4.30 pm, two business days after it was sent.
- Overnight Express Service – Delivery occurs one business day after shipping, by 3.00 pm, before carrier cutoff time.
In comparison to purchasing directly from Apple or any other retailer, ordering directly from Apple may seem very appealing, but it can be quite a daunting experience.
You can find better deals at retailers who offer awesome deals that can save you a couple of dollars if you do not require custom configuration or personalization effects.
When you cannot avoid purchasing directly, follow up on the status of your order and contact the customer service department when necessary. In this way, you will always be aware of the order’s progress.