Human life has undergone many changes as a result of technology. They also found it easier to live their lives as a result of it. The field of education has undergone a significant revolution as a result of technology.
This revolution greatly impacted education and many other fields during the covid. One of the applications we are going to discuss today, “Pear Deck”, is one of many applications available on the internet for online learning. The program was developed for educational purposes in 2014.
Is pear deck a type of deck?
For students and teachers from class k-12, pear deck is a platform for education developed by pear deck educational technology company. Developed in 2014 in the United States, it is a mobile application.
Essentially, it is a presentation tool that is used in the classroom to facilitate learning. By using this tool, teachers will be able to deliver live presentations and include video, gifs, and audio in their presentations. The method engages students in the learning process.
Your instructor can provide you with great learning experiences through your Google or Microsoft Office 365 account. A web-based application designed to bridge the gap between individual and social learning has been developed.
According to research, students who study with visual aids are more likely to learn more effectively and maintain a higher level of interest. It is possible for teachers to enhance their students’ learning through the use of gifs, videos, audio, and many other resources.
Here are some ways in which pear deck facilitates effective teaching:
In a classroom with one textbook and no access to the internet, your knowledge skills will be limited in some way since you will not have the opportunity to explore new concepts. Through the use of the pear deck, teachers are able to introduce students to new sources of knowledge.
During a lecture, they have the option of adding videos, photos, and articles simultaneously. For the improvement of teachers’ teaching skills, this website provides a variety of resources.
A description of the features of Pear decks
It is well known that this platform provides a wide variety of features and benefits as an educational platform. Due to the fact that any platform providing online services to the public must include certain features.
There is no comparison between the online service and others. Let’s take a look at the features of a pear deck without wasting any more time.
Here are some of the features of the joinpd.
- First of all, you might wonder if it is free of charge. A number of features of the pear deck are free of charge. There is also the option of becoming a premium member. You can attend the live presentation for free as a student or teacher.
- Students in the related class receive the links to the presentations by email after the teacher prepares them.
- Students also develop a positive attitude toward learning as a result of this program. A social norm is also developed in the students as a result of this program.
- This application may be of great interest to students who wish to achieve their goals effectively.
- Students have the opportunity to submit their responses to the presentation. The JoinPD offers a number of benefits, including the ability for the teacher to block the students from altering their answers. By using this feature, the teacher is able to evaluate the students’ understanding of the material.
What is the procedure for creating a Teacher account on Pear Deck?
To be able to join this marvelous platform, you must have an Office 365 or Google account. This article discusses how to create a new account with Pear Deck.
- You will need to sign in with your Google, Microsoft, or Pear Deck account on the official page of the Pear Deck website, Google, Google Slides, or PowerPoint online.
- You can select the teacher login option from the menu and select the type of account you wish to access.
- In order to perform this task, Pear Deck will request access to your Google Drive. You will be required to grant access in order to do this. Afterwards, you will be required to answer a few questions.
- Following that, you will need to enter your area’s postal code and the school’s name. In the event the name or code of your school is not listed, simply enter the five-digit number for the name or zip code of your school.
- The join PD needs to be installed now.
Here is how students can join:
As a student, you will not need to create an account in order to participate in the pear deck. Joining the session requires only a Microsoft 365 account. In order to join PPD, you must follow the following steps:
- This session is initiated by the teacher, who shares the links with their class.
- Clicking the email containing a link will allow students to join the link.
- In addition, they can join the session through joinpd.com by typing the code into the join code field.
- Alternatively, a teacher may restrict the student from using their email to joinpd by requiring them to provide their email first.
In any case, we have discovered that Pear Deck is one of the most popular online education platforms in the United States. In this platform, students are able to attend online classes/lectures and audio/video presentations.
The pear deck is very easy to use for both students and teachers. Because of covid, students did not attend their classes, so they used Pear Deck as an online learning environment.
The purpose of this article is to provide you and your friends with a great deal of useful information. Please do not hesitate to leave a comment if you have any additional questions regarding pear.
FAQs about Joinpd
Q1. Can you tell me about the free services that Pear Deck provides?
In the free account, you are able to post questions. The maximum number of participants in a session is 30 and you can post five presentations.
Q2. How long does the free pear deck offer last?
There is a 60-day free trial of the pear deck premium.
Q3. In what ways does the pear deck’s premium membership differ from other memberships?
Members of premium membership have access to the dashboard and are able to review previous students’ performance and sessions as well.