Zoom has become the world’s most popular video conference app. The Zoom video chat app allows people to keep in touch with family, friends, coworkers, and even work from home.
The virtual background is one of many features Zoom has brought over time. Using this feature you can customize your meeting backgrounds. Here’s how to change the Zoom app’s background on Android.
Zoom virtual background support devices
There are only a few devices that support Zoom virtual background. Zoom virtual backgrounds and changing backgrounds in android meetings are only possible if you have the following requirements.
- Phone manufacturer: Samsung, Vivo, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Oppo, and Redmi
- RAM: at least 3GB
- Android version: 8.0 (or better)
- Processor: Arm64 with 8 cores (or better)
- G series with G72 or later GPU: Qualcomm Adreno: 540 or higher Mali: G92 or higher
- Zoom version: 5.3.0 or later
Using zoom virtual backgrounds on Android may not be possible if your device doesn’t meet these hardware and OS requirements. You don’t have to worry: we have a workaround if your phone can’t meet the specs.
Turn on virtual backgrounds in Zoom
You need to enable zoom virtual backgrounds in your account to use virtual backgrounds. Here’s how.
- Go to the Zoom website (not the Zoom app) to sign in to your account
- Select Settings.
- Select the Meeting tab.
4. Choose “In Meeting (Advanced)” from the list.
5. Select the virtual background.
The virtual background is now available in the zoom app on supported devices. Here’s an alternative way if your device isn’t supported.
Turning on virtual backgrounds in Zoom Android app
You can now add a virtual background to zoom meetings when video is enabled when you have enabled virtual background on the zoom website. Just follow these steps.
- Start Zoom.
- Host or join a meeting.
- Click “More”
4. Click “Background and Filters”
5. Select a background from the list.
Remember that you need a phone with the right specifications to change zoom backgrounds.
How to change the Zoom background if your phone isn’t supported
If your phone does not meet the minimum technical requirements, you can try out some alternative apps to serve as your camera in the zoom app. The zoom background can be altered as a result. Here is how you can change the background of your TikTok video using the app.
The requirements for changing the zoom background
- To change the background in a Zoom call, you will need to install the Zoom app on your Android device.
- TikTok is a free app that you need to download (no registration is required).
- The Kapwing resize tool is available only with a Kapwing account.
- Go to the Google Play store and download TikTok.
- You can create a video by clicking the “+” sign in the app.
3. Select a virtual background from the Effects panel.
4. Open the zoom app and let TikTok run in the background.
5. To share the screen instead of turning on your camera in the zoom, press the share button.
6. Navigate to the TikTok app.
Now you will be able to observe the TikTok camera interface on the screen along with the virtual background. The zoom app is also sharing your screen. All members of the meeting will be able to see you with the virtual screen.
Creating a custom background for TikTok
The virtual background you use in TikTok sometimes doesn’t fit perfectly. Using Kapwing and a video and photo creating tool it’s easy to create a new background. The resizing tool lets you change the size of the background.