Streaming movies and programmes on a Samsung smart TV is straightforward. Voice control and smart home connection are available on newer models, making it even easier.
Users, on the other hand, have a slew of common questions concerning smart TVs. That’s why we’re here to help you with all of your Samsung smart television questions. Without further ado, let’s get right to it.
1. How do I update Samsung smart TV apps?
The majority of Samsung Smart Devices have automatic updates turned on by default. As long as your television is turned on and connected, the ITV Hub will automatically provide updates to your device as soon as they become available.
Allowing automatic updates is highly advised to ensure that you always have the most up-to-date and best version of the software!
If you don’t want to use automatic updates, you may still manually upgrade Samsung Smart TVs from 2014 and after using the steps below.
- Activate the television.
- Examine the Samsung Smart Hub’s features and capabilities.
- To get started, go to the Apps area of the menu.
- Press and hold the select button in the ITV Hub app. The screen will then display a sub-menu.
- If an update for the ITV Hub is available, select it from the “Update applications” list.
- Select “Update“; this process may take a few minutes.
It is possible to manually update the ITV Hub app for Samsung Smart TVs from 2012–2013.
- Activate the television.
- Take a look at the Samsung Smart Hub.
- Go to the Apps area of the screen and select it.
- Choose “More apps” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Apps to update” from the top-center of the screen.
- If one is available, choose an ITV Hub upgrade.
- Select “Update“; this process may take a few minutes.
2. How do I get HBO Max to work on my Samsung Smart TV?
HBO Max is a subscription-based streaming service that gives subscribers access to a large on-demand library.
For a cheap monthly subscription of $14.99, you get 10,000 hours of original series, movies, plus a big library of your favourite shows. To install HBO to your Samsung smart TV, follow these steps:
It’s simple to set up HBO Max on a Samsung Smart TV:
- To begin, switch on your Samsung Smart TV.
- On your TV’s remote control, press the Smart Hub button.
- Then navigate to the Apps area.
- You can click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner.
- Now go to the app store and search for HBO Max.
- On the HBO Max main page, click the “Install” button once you’ve found the app. This will start the process of downloading the app.
- In a few moments, the HBO Max programme will be downloaded and installed on your television.
- It‘s finished. You’ve successfully installed HBO Max on your Samsung television.
Step-by-step instructions: On a Samsung Smart TV, how do you install HBO Max?
On the Samsung Smart TV, turn on HBO Max.
- Open the HBO Max app on your Samsung TV.
- When you click “Sign In,” your television screen will display an activation code.
- At this time, go to https://www.hbomax.com/ using any web browser on a PC or smartphone.
- On the activation page that appears, enter the activation code.
- Click Next once you’ve finished entering your information.
- The HBO Max app will now be activated on your Samsung TV.
Finally, HBO Max media content may be viewed online.
3. On a Samsung TV, how do you restart the HBO Max app?
The need to restart the HBO Max programme could be caused by a variety of circumstances.
1.One of the causes is that you can’t delete or update the MAX application when it stops working and displays an update error message.
2.When the Max App becomes unresponsive or freezes.
Two of the most typical causes for the Max application to restart are the concerns stated above. It’s crucial to recognise that simply restarting won’t solve these problems until they’re fixed.
It would be beneficial if you looked into how to fix the problem before restarting the programme for the reasons stated above. The HBO Max app will be restarted if the Samsung TV is restarted.
- Remove the Samsung TV from the wall.
- Wait 20 seconds before continuing. Now it’s time to re-plug your television.
Check to see if the problem has been resolved by reopening HBO Max.
4. How do I get Hulu to work on my Samsung smart TV?
Many people currently utilise the Hulu app. In the United States, for example, there is no smart TV that does not come with the Hulu app pre-installed. Here’s how to go about it:
You can also set it to check for updates on your Samsung Smart TV automatically so that you don’t have to remember to do it yourself. Follow the steps indicated below to accomplish this:
- First and foremost, ensure that you are linked to a real, high-speed internet connection.
- Go to the Samsung TV’s settings second.
- Then go to the settings and select the support option.
- After that, you’ll have to decide whether or not to install software updates.
- Finally, under the software update section, select “Auto-update” from the list of options.
Manually updating the app on your Samsung TV will require you to complete the steps mentioned below.
- To begin, search the menu at the bottom of your TV remote for applications.
- Second, navigate to the support section and choose the app update option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select “Update Now” from the drop-down menu.
5. How can I access the Samsung TV’s smart hub?
To access the Smart Hub on your Smart TV, press the “Menu/123” button on your remote to bring up a menu. From there, select “Menu” from the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
Select “Smart Hub,” “Samsung Account,” and “Sign in” after that. Re-enter your email address and password in the form, then click “Sign in.” After logging in, you’ll be given the option of selecting an image to help distinguish your account from others. Click “Done” once you’ve finished everything.
6. How can I install Discovery Plus on my Samsung smart television?
Keep in mind that Discovery+ is only available on Samsung televisions from 2017 and after.
Ensure that you register for Discovery Plus on the company’s website. To begin the free trial, click the provided link and then “Start Free Trial” to finish the procedure.
Selecting a subscription plan, creating an account, and entering payment information are just a few of the procedures. Return to your Samsung TV to finish your work now.
- On your TV’s Home Screen, go to the ‘Apps‘ section (Smart Hub). Then, in the search field, type in Discovery Plus to see if it’s available. Click on the app’s icon to find out more about it.
- When prompted, select “Add to Home,” which will add the app to your TV. The app will begin to download and install on your smart TV after a few seconds.
- Finally, launch Discovery Plus and log in, then complete the process by following the on-screen instructions.
Congratulations on completing the task.
7. How can I get third-party apps to work on my Samsung Smart TV?
For your viewing pleasure, your Samsung Smart TV comes pre-installed with a host of interesting applications.
You may, however, download and install third-party apps on your Samsung smart TV if you stumble across them. Third-party applications are ones that are not generated by Samsung but rather by third-party developers.
You can use one of the two methods given below to accomplish this:
1. Turn on the “Unknown Sources” function on your Samsung Smart TV.
Third-party apps are frequently identified as unknown sources by a Smart TV’s operating system and hence cannot be used. Unknown Sources on the Samsung Smart TV, on the other hand, can be enabled.
This functionality allows you to install the applications without any limitations. Follow the steps mentioned below to accomplish this.:
- On your Samsung Smart TV, turn it on.
- Press the Menu button on the remote and select Settings to get to the Smart TV’s home screen.
- On the Settings page, go to the Personal tab and select the Security option from the menu.
- Toggle the switch next to Unknown sources to the on position from the left-hand pane, then select the Add-ons tab.
After that, you’ll be able to download third-party apps from the Samsung Smart TV’s home screen’s apps menu.
2. Select Developer Mode on the Samsung Smart TV.
This mode will allow you to download and customise a large choice of vital third-party programmes for your Smart TV. Follow the steps given below to get it up and running.
- Restart your smart television. Then, from the Home Screen, go to the Settings menu, where you’ll find the Smart Hub option.
- After clicking on the Apps panel, you will be requested to enter a PIN to access the Apps area. The default code for all Samsung Smart TVs is 12345, which can be used as a PIN in this area.
- Choose Developer Mode by flipping the switch from On to Developer Mode when the Developer Mode configuration window appears.
- After you’ve entered the IP address of the host PC you want to use to connect to the Smart TV, click OK.
8. What is the best way to link a Samsung smart TV to an iPhone?
You can use the following methods to connect your iPhone to your Samsung smart TV:
1. Using Airplay to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV
You can connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV if it supports Airplay 2. This includes televisions manufactured in 2018 and later.
- Make sure the iPhone and the television are both linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check to determine if your iPhone has Airplay turned on.
- Open the app from which you want to stream.
- Now press the “Airplay” button.
Some apps, such as Photos, require you to first tap the share button before proceeding.
2. Using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter for Screen Mirroring
One of the more easy options is this. However, in order for it to operate, you’ll need to buy or borrow an Apple-specific adaptor. The Lightning Digital AV Adapter may be purchased for about $49.00.
It’s also compatible with the majority of iOS devices. Because you’ll need to physically connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV, you should have an extra HDMI cable on hand. The steps are as follows:
- Connect the AV adapter to your iPhone.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the AV receiver. When you look at the adapter, you’ll notice a port where you’ll need to plug the HDMI cable in.
- The Samsung TV should be attached to the opposite end of the HDMI wire.
- Set the source on the Samsung TV to the HDMI input to which the HDMI cable is connected. You should now be able to see your iPhone’s screen reflected on your Samsung television.
3. Use the Samsung SmartView App to connect.
If you prefer a wireless connection between your iPhone and your Samsung Smart TV, there are a number of apps that might help you.
Make sure your Smart TV and iPhone are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network whenever you wish to use screen mirroring apps. Please keep in mind that if your iPhone and television are linked to different networks, the apps will not operate.
The Samsung SmartView app is a free programme that allows you to mirror the screen of your smartphone to your smart TV.
Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure your iPhone and television are both linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Begin by launching the Samsung SmartView application. After that, it will prompt you to enter the code displayed on your Samsung Smart TV.
- The device should automatically connect to your television once you’ve input the pin.
As a result, we’ve addressed all of the most frequently asked questions about Samsung smart TVs. You can now watch TV more than ever before..