What should I put under the dog kennel so that it doesn’t scratch the hardwood floors?
You are perplexed by this query because the spot on the gorgeous and sophisticated hardwood floor where you keep your dog crate has gotten scratched.
Or perhaps you just care about the condition of your hardwood floor and want to keep it safe from the hefty metal dog cage.
You’re in luck because I have the answer that you’ve been looking for all along.
You will want to invest in a pet cage mat of the highest quality and durability so that it can not only prevent scratches on your hardwood floors but also absorb your dog’s pee, any water or food that may be spilled, and any water or food that may be splashed on it.
The Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pads are the only pet cage mat that I am now in a position to recommend to you.
Pad that is Waterproof, Washable, and Reusable.
The only thing you need to do is position this mat directly underneath your dog’s crate, and from that point on, your hardwood floors will be protected from ugly scratches and dents.
What Should Be Placed Below a Dog Crate to Prevent Damage to Hardwood Floors?
I strongly suggest going with the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad.
Why Do I Advocate the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad to My Friends and Family?
- It has a rear surface that is non-slip, which stops the mat from moving about on smooth floor surfaces such as hardwood floors, linoleum, laminate, tile, concrete, vinyl, and other similar surfaces.
- Your dog’s cage can produce scratches and dents on your hardwood floors, and this mat helps guard against those damages.
- It creates a thick cushion between the hardwood floor and the crate that you use for your dog.
- It is a highly absorbent cage mat that will protect your hardwood floors from any water spills, food spills, or food splashes, as well as any dog urine that may be present.
- It works wonderfully for kennels and dog crates alike.
- The pad is not only lightweight but also long-lasting and resilient.
- A very absorbent polyester material is used in its construction.
- It comes in a variety of sizes, making it suitable for a wide variety of crates and kennels of varying dimensions.
- When you are camping, you can also use it as a bed for your pet.
- You can also use it as a spot for your pet to relax on your bare hardwood floors by placing it there.
- You can also put this cage mat in the trunk or on the seat of your car to protect the interior of your vehicle from any accidents that may be caused by your pet.
- It comes in the hues grey and bone pattern, which you may choose from.
- It is not difficult to clean, and it dries fairly rapidly.
- It comes in a variety of stunning styles, allowing you to pick the one that best complements the aesthetic of your house.
- It is easy to transport and can be used in a variety of settings.
- Your dog will have a difficult time eating this because the construction is of such excellent quality, in contrast to the disposable pads that he normally uses.
- It can be washed in a machine.
Also Read: What Should I Put Under the Dog Crate to Keep the Carpet Clean?
The Things That Might Not Appeal to You About This Dog Cage Mat
People have been heard to complain that the smell is still present after they have washed their clothes, as I have witnessed. In this scenario, you must make use of an effective pet odor remover. I am going to suggest the Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator for Dog and Cat Urine as one of the pet odor removers that is currently the most well-liked and in-demand products available to purchase on Amazon right now. It has two times the strength to combat odors, and as a result, it will completely remove any smell of dog excrement or urine from the pad. The dog pad will have a delightful scent of orange, which is both clean and fresh after using it.
In general, this is an excellent mat to have on hand for protecting your hardwood floors from the kennel in which you keep your dog.
What is the cost of this mat, and where can it be purchased?
This is a cage mat of very good quality that can be purchased for a very reasonable price.
It can be purchased on Amazon, where it is far less expensive than it is at other online retailers, and this is the platform where I would advise you to make your purchase.
To View the Most Up-to-Date Price on Amazon, please Click Here.
Also Read: What Should Be Placed Under a Piano When It Is Placed on Hardwood Floors?
Your hardwood floors may become discolored if you use this dog crate mat.
This mat will not leave any unsightly stains on your pristine hardwood floors.
It does not have a rubber backing, and it is not created with ingredients that could potentially react with the chemicals that are on the finish of your hardwood floor.
Microfiber cloth, which is not known to be hazardous, is used in the production of this item.
It poses no threat whatsoever to your hardwood floors, carpet, or any of the other kinds of floors you have.
What Kind of Dog Crate Is Most Appropriate for Hardwood Floors?
I have the ideal product recommendation for you if you are wanting to get a dog cage that is suitable for use on hardwood floors if you are in the market for one.
There are many dog crates available for purchase that are harmful to hardwood floors.
That much is certain.
Your dog will cause the metal crate to move around in response to its movements.
An end effect is a significant number of unsightly scratches, some of which may become permanent.
That is something you most definitely do not want.
The EliteField 3-Door Folding Dog Crate with Rubber FEET comes highly recommended by me.
This dog cage is not like the majority of dog crates that are now available on the market.
The particular model that you have purchased comes with Non-Skid Rubber Feet, which are not only strong and long-lasting but also shields your hardwood floors from scuffs and dents.
In addition to this, there is a lot of usable space, and it comes in a range of sizes and styles.
Check Out This Article as Well: How to Move a Refrigerator Without Damaging the Floor
How Easily Do Hardwood Floors Get Scratched?
The resistance to scratches offered by flooring made of hard materials such as tile and stone is superior to that offered by floors made of hardwood.
Even though some hardwood floors are multiMulti-Purpose-Purpose less likely to get scratched, you should still expect your floor to get scratched if it is ever exposed to a sharp or blunt force, such as the claws of your dog or cat, the feet of your furniture when you move it, or even the feet of your appliances.
Because of this, taking precautions to safeguard your hardwood floors is essential.
In addition, the cost of repairing or replacing your scuffed hardwood floor can be quite a bit higher than you might anticipate.
A significant decrease in the value of your home can also be caused by scratches on your hardwood floors.
If your hardwood floor is covered in scratches, the value of your home will probably drop when you go to sell it. This is especially true if you have pets or children.
If you take the appropriate preventative measures, you won’t ever have to worry about getting scratched again.
What Should Be Placed Below a Dog Crate to Prevent Damage to Hardwood Floors?- Bottom Line
Your hardwood floor will be safeguarded by the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad thanks to its shielding capabilities.
It creates a barrier that is more comfortable for your heavy-duty metal dog cage to sit on when it is in contact with your sensitive hardwood floors.
It protects your flooring from being scratched and dented by your dog’s cage, as well as from the damage that might be caused by accidental spills of liquids such as water and urine.
When it comes to protecting your hardwood floors from damage caused by your dog’s crate, this is one of the most effective things you can use.