You can easily carry Powerbeats pro around with you, or you can use them at home without having to leave the comfort of your own home.
They can be used with an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android device, PC, Mac, or another type of computer.
It is possible to connect them in many ways, at various times, and in many places.
It should be noted, however, that Bluetooth connectivity is not always stable, even when a laptop is used.
Occasionally, the connection between the Powerbeats Pro and your laptop can be problematic.
In general, these two devices should remain paired as long as they are not manually unpaired.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case in practice. You may find that your Powerbeats Pro are no longer listed in your list of paired devices.
Most likely, an error has occurred.
It may give you pause to ask, “How come my Beats don’t stay connected to my laptop?laptop?laptop? ”, but rest assured that you are not the only person who has encountered this issue.
The Apple discussion forums have received similar inquiries from other Powerbeats Pro owners looking for assistance in reestablishing the connection between their laptop and their headphones.
Here is a list of troubleshooting steps you may wish to try.
Depending upon the nature of the issue, one of them may work best.
However, if none of these solutions work, you should seek assistance from an Apple technician.
Before you go straight to Apple Support, let’s try to troubleshoot your Powerbeats Pro connections to your laptop using some different methods.
When I plug my Powerbeats Pro into my laptop, it keeps disconnecting?
The Powerbeats Pro keeps disconnecting from your laptop for a variety of reasons, from dirty connections in the case to outdated firmware. You might be able to fix it by unpairing and repairing your devices, but the worst-case scenario might mean you have to contact Apple.
Are there any ways to keep your Powerbeats Pro connected?
What should you do if they won’t work?
Find out how you can make your Powerbeats Pro work with your laptop and how to contact Apple Support if none of these work.
Why do my Beats keep disconnecting from my computer?
There are a lot of reasons why your Powerbeats Pro won’t stay connected to your laptop.
Others have asked “Why won’t my Powerbeats stay connected” to various devices in Apple’s discussion forums.
Bluetooth connection interference may be the culprit in some cases.
Other times, you need to update your firmware.
Problems with Powerbeats Pro? Here’s how to fix them
Due to the fact that there are so many possible causes, we’ll cover seven of the most popular troubleshooting methods.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Powerbeats Pro to any device, try these solutions.
Earbuds and Cases
The earbuds themselves and the case will lose connectivity if the connectors are dirty.
You’ll know it’s happening if you use them.
Just make sure you keep them clean.
You just have to:
- Using a microfiber cloth, wipe down the case and earbuds.
- The earbuds must be completely dry before going back in the case. The charging connectors need to be properly contacted with the earbuds.
Utilize the Beats-Supported App
Use Beats-Supported App on Mac or Windows (plus iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android).
It’ll detect battery problems.
What you need to do to use it on a laptop:
- Make sure your earbuds are securely in the charging case.
- You’ll need a lightning USB cable to connect the case to your laptop.
- Download Beats Updater onto your laptop and run it.
- Now you can see all the info about your Powerbeats Pro. With the app you can also update the firmware.
Keep Bluetooth connections from conflicting
Conflicts between Bluetooth connections can cause intermittent connection loss.
Be sure you’re not interfering with the signal.
Wi-fi and Bluetooth use the same frequency, so you’ll want to stay away from any Wi-fi-enabled devices.
In addition, microwaves and wireless phones that use the same frequency aren’t a good idea.
Be sure to only connect one Powerbeats Pro at a time.
They may interfere with each other.
Your Powerbeats Pro needs unpairing and repairing
It may just be a matter of unpairing and repairing your laptop and Powerbeats Pro. You can do this pretty easily and it seems to help a lot of people. Just follow these steps:
- You need to turn on the Bluetooth on your laptop (or the Bluetooth on any other device you’d like to pair with your Powerbeats Pro).
- Leave the case lid open. Put the earbuds inside.
- Then press and hold the System button for a few seconds. You should see an LED light blinking on the front of the caYour devices will ‘forget’ each other
- Click on Settings, then Bluetooth, then go to your connection.
- You should see the Powerbeats Pro there. You should connect.
- Re-pair your device by following the instructions.
Get your Powerbeats Pro back to stock
Your Powerbeats Pro might need a reset.
You can try this again if it doesn’t work.
You can do this reset if none of the previous steps work:
- Go into Settings and look under Bluetooth connections.
- Forget this device by clicking the information button, then click Confirm.
- Secure the earbuds in your PowerBeats Pro case and leave the lid open.
- While holding down the System button, the LED light will flash red and white to indicate the reset is complete.
- Just pair it up again.
Download the latest firmware for your Powerbeats Pro
You can update your Powerbeats Pro firmware with the Beats Updater app, as I mentioned.
Most updates happen automatically, but sometimes they don’t.
Install the app to see if your phone needs an update.
Once it’s up and running, you’ll need to:
- Connect your lightning USB cable to your laptop and put your earbuds inside the charging case.
- Go to the Software Version section and find the latest version. Update if there is one.
Get in touch with Apple Support
If that doesn’t work, you can call Apple Support.
To get help from a certified Apple technician, you can chat online, call or visit your nearest Apple Store.
You can get some advice from them about repairing or replacing your Powerbeats Pro.
If you’re lucky, you won’t have to wonder anymore: “Why do my Beats headphones keep disconnecting?” Most connectivity problems can be fixed yourself.
It’s going to be necessary to reach out to Apple if those methods don’t work.