Fitbit watches were first introduced onto the market in September of 2009. Since then, they have become one of the most popular fitness tracking smartwatches available.
Considering the price point, it appears that they are capable of almost anything you could ask for.
Fitbit is extremely versatile; it can track your blood oxygen levels while you sleep, keep track of your calories burned, and much more.
It is important to note that Fitbits are not immune to problems.
The Fitbit often vibrates when it is not supposed to, and this is one of the most commonly reported issues.
Regardless of whether the Fitbit vibrates at specified times or continuously without interruption, this is an irritating problem that any Fitbit owner will encounter regularly.
What is the correct procedure for repairing a Fitbit that is acting erratically? Can any of the fixes be accomplished easily?
My experience as a Fitbit owner confirms the aggravation this issue can cause.
One time, my Fitbit suddenly started vibrating, and I was unable to comprehend what was happening.
My research revealed that there are several common causes of this vibration problem.
The majority of these problems can be resolved by yourself.
What is the purpose of my Fitbit vibrating? [Solved!]]]
If your Fitbit vibrates at the incorrect time, it may need to be restarted, plugged into a charging cable, reprogrammed, or updated. You may also find that a third-party app is causing the vibration as well.
The situation can be remedied, however, there is a possibility that you will need the assistance of Fitbit’s customer service department.
So, why does your Fitbit keep vibrating without cause?
What can you do to prevent it from happening again? When you receive a notification, why does the Fitbit not vibrate?
If you walk or run, does it vibrate for any reason?
Imagine when you are trying to sleep and it vibrates while you are trying to sleep?
Continue reading to learn more about what may be causing the problem and how you can attempt to resolve it.
I keep experiencing random vibrations on my Fitbit. Why is this happening?
For several different reasons, your Fitbit may vibrate randomly or continuously.
It may simply be necessary to restart the program.
It has probably been several weeks since you turned the computer on and off again.
Alternatively, you may need to disconnect the device from your smartphone and fully reboot it before reconnecting.
It will be necessary to try several troubleshooting methods to determine the cause, and even those methods might not be successful.
What should I do if my Fitbit is vibrating excessively?
If you have a Fitbit that will not stop vibrating, I recommend the following three methods.
You may need to try one or all of them depending on whether they address the issues at hand.
The first method of troubleshooting
Although this is the easiest method, it might not be the most effective.
Please try this first to see if it resolves the vibration problem.
You can accomplish this by following these steps:
- The Fitbit’s power button should be held down for a few seconds.
- Once the screen goes black, you can release the button. The process should not take very long.
- It may take a few seconds. Press and hold the power button for a second time until the Fitbit powers back on.
It is posted that may repeat this process several times. The next troubleshooting method should be used if this method does not resolve the problem after 3 or 4 attempts.
The second method of troubleshooting
The next step of troubleshooting you can try is a bit more complex than the first, but it could be the most effective one.
Please ensure you have your Fitbit’s charging cable available before you attempt this.
Here are the steps you should take:
- A charging cable should be connected to the Fitbit.
- Press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds when the Fitbit is connected to the cable.
- The device will then emit two vibrations, the first of which will be a short vibration, and the second of which will be a medium vibration. This will be followed by the device being turned off.
- The Fitbit should then be turned on again. The number of short vibrations that may occur during the start-up process can reach seven.
- Turn off the Fitbit once more and remove the charging cable.
- Turn on the Fitbit one more time after plugging it into the charging cable.
This should solve the problem if it works. If it does not, proceed to the final step of troubleshooting.
The third method of troubleshooting
You will need to plug the charging cable into your computer in this troubleshooting technique, so please make sure that your computer is turned on and fully booted before you begin.
To utilize this method, follow these steps:
- You should connect the charging cable to the computer.
- The other end of the cable should be connected to the Fitbit device.
- The Fitbit button should line up with the button on the charging cable’s opening. This may require some adjustment. When the battery icon appears on your Fitbit’s display, it will indicate that the battery is properly aligned.
- For approximately eight seconds, press and hold the power button.
- Remove the Fitbit cable from the charger.
I receive a notification from my Fitbit, but it does not vibrate.
If the notification settings were accidentally turned off, there is a good chance that you did so by mistake.
To activate it, you must make sure that it is toggled to ON, as well as that the vibration settings have not been disabled.
My Fitbit vibrates when I walk or run. Why is this happening?
This is a known problem whose cause is unclear.
Depending on the situation, you may need to restart your Fitbit either normally or long.
If the standard restart does not resolve the issue, you should perform a long restart by following these steps:
- Connect the Fitbit charging cable to your Fitbit.
- For 15 seconds hold down the power button.
- Once the Fitbit has been completely powered down, unplug it.
- Leave the device unplugged for a short period. Connect the device back to the wall and try to power it on after it has been off for at least ten seconds.
Is there a reason why my Fitbit vibrates at night?
Possibly, you may be receiving notifications from a third-party app, which could cause the Fitbit to vibrate at night.
To determine which third-party apps may be acting up, you can either disable them or restart your Fitbit.
The Fitbit may be an excellent fitness tracking smartwatch, but they are not completely infallible. None are.
You may wish to contact Fitbit’s customer support if none of the troubleshooting techniques listed above are effective for you.